June 29, 2020 at 07:03PM
New York City is reconsidering a plan to allow indoor dining July 6, as other states experience a surge in Covid-19 cases after reopening restaurants and bars. One of those states, Florida, reported a jump in its double-digit infection rate.
Gilead Sciences Inc. said it will charge the U.S. government and other developed countries $390 per vial for its coronavirus-fighting drug remdesivir, or about $2,340 for a typical five-day course of treatment.
Deaths from the virus surpassed 500,000 worldwide and confirmed cases exceeded 10 million as the World Health Organization warned that the worst is yet to come. Tokyo reported more incidences of the disease, daily deaths in Iran reached a record and cases in Austria rose to the highest level since mid-May.
Tomorrow marks six months since the World Health Organization became aware of the novel coronavirus, and the “worst is yet to come” given a lack of global solidarity, Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, head of the World Health Organization, said at a briefing in Geneva.
Some countries are experiencing a resurgence of cases and half the deaths are coming from the Americas, he said.
“This virus can be suppressed and contained using the tools at hand,” and countries shouldn’t wait for a vaccine to deal with it, Tedros said, giving the examples of South Korea, Japan and Germany. “If any country is saying that contact-tracing is difficult, it is a lame excuse.”
The WHO will send a team of researchers to China next week to study the virus’s origins, Tedros said.
European Union governments are poised to extend a travel ban for U.S. residents for at least two weeks, according to a draft of a decision due to be formally adopted on Tuesday.
Worst Yet to Come, WHO Says, Bloomberg, Jun 29
From: The FxPro News Team https://fxpro.news/daily-forex-outlook/worst-yet-to-come-who-says-20200629/
Selected by fonecable.com
- NEWS: China says that it is to restrict visas for US officials over Tibet issue July 08, 2020 at 08:32AM
- NEWS: A Chinese equity bull market is building – Morgan Stanley July 08, 2020 at 08:22AM
- NEWS: European equities open lower to start the day July 08, 2020 at 08:08AM
- NEWS: French prime minister: There won’t be another coronavirus lockdown like we had in March July 08, 2020 at 07:47AM
- GBP/USD, FTSE 100 Stock Index Outlook Mired By 'No Deal' Brexit Fears
Top Posts & Pages
- GBP/USD (Mobile View)
- NZDCAD Wave Analysis – 7 July, 2020
- NEWS: GBPJPY extends to the upside July 07, 2020 at 05:12PM
- Australian Dollar Rises as RBA Keeps Rates on Hold
- NEWS: NASDAQ is giving up some of their gains July 07, 2020 at 05:15PM
- NEWS: Oil price forecasts from Citi - continue to see an oil price recovery July 07, 2020 at 01:13AM
- Market Sentiment: Nasdaq, Gold and Copper all Trending Higher | Webinar
- Economists warn of U.K. jobs crisis ahead of crucial budget
- NEWS: USD/JPY gradually creeps higher, approaches the 100-day moving average July 07, 2020 at 10:59AM
- NEWS: ICYMI -BoE chief economist Haldane said recovery so far faster than expected, but …. July 08, 2020 at 04:59AM