July 31, 2020 at 06:09PM
Will the Midwest determine America’s presidential election?
TWICE RECENTLY an eruption in middle America has shocked the world. Four years ago voters in Michigan, Wisconsin and Pennsylvania were decisive in putting Donald Trump in the White House. Two months ago, George Floyd’s death in Minneapolis prompted debate on racism everywhere.
In a special episode on the Midwest, the region’s role in the 2020 election and America’s future, we hear from Chicago Mayor Lori Lightfoot, her predecessor Rahm Emmanuel, and get the latest from The Economist’s election forecast.
Charlotte Howard, The Economist’s New York bureau chief, hosts with Washington correspondent Jon Fasman and Midwest correspondent Adam Roberts. Runtime: 38 min
The podcast is complemented by our "Checks and Balance" newsletter. Sign up here.
For access to The Economist’s print, digital and audio editions subscribe: economist.com/2020electionpod
Author: | Post link: https://www.economist.com/podcasts/2020/07/31/will-the-midwest-determine-americas-presidential-election
Selected by fonecable.com
- Australian Dollar Forecast: Major AUD/NZD Bottom May Soon Be Approaching
- British Pound Slips After Data, Still Tied to Range. Can GBP/USD Break Out Ahead of FOMC?
- How to Research Stocks: A Step by Step Guide
- Gold Price Outlook Turns to UofM Sentiment as US Dollar, Treasury Yields Rally
- New Zealand Dollar Outlook: NZD/USD Drops on US Dollar Bids, Wall Street Losses