July 31, 2020 at 06:09PM
Will the Midwest determine America’s presidential election?
TWICE RECENTLY an eruption in middle America has shocked the world. Four years ago voters in Michigan, Wisconsin and Pennsylvania were decisive in putting Donald Trump in the White House. Two months ago, George Floyd’s death in Minneapolis prompted debate on racism everywhere.
In a special episode on the Midwest, the region’s role in the 2020 election and America’s future, we hear from Chicago Mayor Lori Lightfoot, her predecessor Rahm Emmanuel, and get the latest from The Economist’s election forecast.
Charlotte Howard, The Economist’s New York bureau chief, hosts with Washington correspondent Jon Fasman and Midwest correspondent Adam Roberts. Runtime: 38 min
The podcast is complemented by our "Checks and Balance" newsletter. Sign up here.
For access to The Economist’s print, digital and audio editions subscribe: economist.com/2020electionpod
Author: | Post link: https://www.economist.com/podcasts/2020/07/31/will-the-midwest-determine-americas-presidential-election
Selected by fonecable.com
- Earnings Season: PG, BAC, and UNH Surpass Expectations
- Canadian Inflation Rate 4.8% as Expected – Markets Look to BoC Next Week
- How to Trade Forex News: An Introduction
- Boris Johnson Risks Facing Vote of No-Confidence – Impact on GBP/USD
- Turkey strikes currency swap deal with UAE as ties warm