Why Joe Biden picked Kamala Harris
AFTER A deliberately quiet few months, Presidential frontrunner Joe Biden seized the news cycle this week by announcing Senator Kamala Harris as his running mate. We hear about what she really stands for. And we ask what her time as California’s Attorney General tells us about how she would wield power in practice.
John Prideaux, The Economist’s US editor, hosts with Charlotte Howard, New York bureau chief, and Washington correspondent Jon Fasman. Runtime: 34 min
The podcast is complemented by our “Checks and Balance” newsletter. Sign up here.
For access to The Economist’s print, digital and audio editions subscribe: economist.com/2020electionpod
Author: | Post link: https://www.economist.com/podcasts/2020/08/14/why-joe-biden-picked-kamala-harris
Selected by fonecable.com
- NEWS: It is gut check time for the market February 26, 2021 at 05:44AM
- NEWS: BOE’s Bailey: We do expect a negative quarter in Q1 February 26, 2021 at 05:32AM
- NEWS: Germany reports 9,997 new coronavirus cases, 394 deaths in latest update today February 26, 2021 at 05:13AM
- NEWS: BOJ’s Kuroda: No intention of pushing 10-year JGB yield target from around 0% February 26, 2021 at 05:07AM
- NEWS: Economic data coming up in the European session February 26, 2021 at 05:03AM