Manufacturing activity in the United States shrank increased in November, the Institute for Supply Management (ISM) said in a report on Monday. The Purchasing Managers Index (PMI) stood at 48.1%, compared to 49.2% expected.
The new orders index stood at 47.2% during the observed month, dipping 0.2 percentage points compared with October’s figure. The employment index landed at 46.6%, sliding 1.1% from last month.
The inventories index declined 3.4% compared to October, standing at 45.5%. The production index was 49.1%, down 2.9 points month-on-month, while the prices index was the only one to register a rise of 1.2 points to 46.7%.
The report indicates 127th month of consecutive growth, Chair of the Institute for Supply Management Timothy R. Fiore said commenting on the report, noting however that the PMI “contracted for the fourth straight month, at faster levels compared to October.”
Read more news on oursite:
UK news UK companies news Sterling pound news EU news EU companies news Euro news US news US companies news US Dollar news Japanese Yen news Chinese Yuan news Trading EU Shares Commodities news Crytocurrency news Major Currency Pairs Update fonecable中文版(简) fonecable中文版(繁) fonecable日文版 and more…
- NEWS: Rising Treasury yields are driving USD/JPY higher December 12, 2019 at 04:14PM
- NEWS: EURUSD tests support swing area. Bounces. December 12, 2019 at 04:08PM
- NEWS: Cable sags back to 1.3110. Here’s the schedule for election news December 12, 2019 at 04:01PM
- NEWS: AUDUSD tests 200 day MA. Key level for buyers and sellers. December 12, 2019 at 03:41PM
- NEWS: AUD/USD touches the 200-day moving average for the first time since April December 12, 2019 at 03:36PM
Top Posts & Pages
- UK General Election: What's Tactical Voting and What is the Extreme Result going to be like
- GBP Charts
- GBP Charts
- NEWS: FOMC decision preview – focus on the dots December 11, 2019 at 02:59PM
- Is Zcash (ZEC) a Total Failure? Crypto Influencers Disagree
- NEWS: BOJ Dep Gov Amamiya speech: "Japan's Economy and Monetary Policy" - full text December 12, 2019 at 01:31AM
- NEWS: China commerce ministry on trade talks: We are in close communication with the US December 12, 2019 at 07:13AM
- Final scramble for votes in 'most important UK election in a generation' ... THE GUARDIAN Reports
- EUR/USD Outlook Ahead of ECB, Post-FOMC Analysis
- NEWS: More UK press front pages - 'Election on knife edge' December 11, 2019 at 10:06PM
Read more – fonecable: US ISM manufacturing activity contracts in November … TELETRADER