August 14, 2020 at 01:35PM
U.S. futures edged lower ahead of retail sales data for July, while European stocks slumped as fresh quarantine rules took hold in the U.K. Treasury yields declined after rising for five days and the dollar was steady.
The Stoxx Europe 600 Index sank after Britain added France, the Netherlands and Malta to its list of countries from which people arriving have to quarantine for 14 days. EasyJet Plc fell as much as 8% and British Airways owner IAG SA by as much as 7%.
Gold edged lower following two days of gains, while oil headed for a second weekly advance.
Futures on the S&P 500 Index dipped 0.2% as of 7:22 a.m. New York time.The Stoxx Europe 600 Index sank 1.4%.The MSCI Asia Pacific Index fell 0.1%.The MSCI Emerging Market Index fell 0.3%.
The Bloomberg Dollar Spot Index fell 0.1%.The euro was little changed at $1.1809.The British pound increased 0.3% to $1.3101.The onshore yuan weakened 0.1% to 6.95 per dollar.The Japanese yen strengthened 0.2% to 106.68 per dollar.
The yield on 10-year Treasuries sank two basis points to 0.70%.The yield on two-year Treasuries decreased one basis point to 0.16%.Germany’s 10-year yield decreased less than one basis point to -0.42%.Japan’s 10-year yield rose two basis points to 0.051%.Britain’s 10-year yield gained one basis point to 0.249%.
West Texas Intermediate crude dipped 0.1% to $42.20 a barrel.Brent crude decreased 0.1% to $44.93 a barrel.Gold weakened 0.5% to $1,943.73 an ounce.
U.S. Futures Slip; Travel Rules Hit Europe Stocks, Bloomberg, Aug 14
From: The FxPro News Team https://fxpro.news/daily-forex-outlook/u-s-futures-slip-travel-rules-hit-europe-stocks-20200814/
Selected by fonecable.com
- AUD/USD Rises with Iron Ore as Westpac Consumer Confidence Looms
- NEWS: A BTC ICYMI – China bans financial institutions from offering cryptocurrency services May 19, 2021 at 12:31AM
- NEWS: UK PM Johnson – nothing conclusive to say we need to deviate from plans to end coronavirus restrictions May 19, 2021 at 12:25AM
- NEWS: Bitcoin looks to test its recent lows May 19, 2021 at 12:05AM
- NEWS: US Treasury Secretary Yellen said Biden’s infrastructure plan will improve the global competitiveness of US companies May 18, 2021 at 11:59PM