August 18, 2020 at 01:02PM
U.S. equity futures climbed with European stocks on signs of strength in the housing market. A dollar gauge slid to the lowest since 2018. Treasuries edged higher and gold climbed back above $2,000 an ounce. Iron ore futures rallied to highest since 2014. Investors will get further hints on the state of the U.S. housing market when July housing starts data is published later on Tuesday.
Futures on the S&P 500 Index increased 0.2% as of 7:03 a.m. New York time.The Stoxx Europe 600 Index rose 0.5%.The MSCI Asia Pacific Index gained 0.4%.The MSCI Emerging Market Index climbed 0.2%.
The Bloomberg Dollar Spot Index fell 0.3%.The euro increased 0.3% to $1.1901.The British pound gained 0.5% to $1.3162.The onshore yuan strengthened 0.1% to 6.922 per dollar.The Japanese yen strengthened 0.4% to 105.54 per dollar.
The yield on 10-year Treasuries sank one basis point to 0.68%.The yield on two-year Treasuries was unchanged at 0.15%.Germany’s 10-year yield declined one basis point to -0.46%.Britain’s 10-year yield was unchanged at 0.216%.Japan’s 10-year yield fell one basis point to 0.039%.
West Texas Intermediate crude dipped 0.4% to $42.71 a barrel.Brent crude decreased 0.2% to $45.26 a barrel.Gold strengthened 1.1% to $2,006.79 an ounce.
U.S. Futures, Europe Stocks Climb; Dollar Weakens, Bloomberg, Aug 18
From: The FxPro News Team https://fxpro.news/daily-forex-outlook/u-s-futures-europe-stocks-climb-dollar-weakens-20200818/
Selected by fonecable.com
- NEWS: NASDAQ closes at a new record but off the highs levels June 23, 2021 at 09:05PM
- NEWS: Here is what’s on the economic calendar in Asia today – a light one for Thursday 24 June 2021 June 23, 2021 at 09:00PM
- NEWS: Fed’s Kaplan: See’s first rate increase in 2022 June 23, 2021 at 08:41PM
- NEWS: John McAfee dies of suicide in prison cell – report June 23, 2021 at 08:27PM
- Pound Climbs Ahead of BoE, but Policy Fireworks Unlikely: Experts