October 09, 2020 at 03:14PM
Gold will gain regardless of whether Donald Trump or Joe Biden wins the election, one analyst says as Bitcoin (BTC) targets $11,000. Gold, like Bitcoin, saw highs in August before a fall which came in line with renewed strength in the U.S. dollar currency index (DXY). The outcome of November’s U.S. election has the potential to influence USD standing considerably, but Holmes believes gold will shake off the result.
“Some are betting on blue, some betting on red, and I’m betting on gold,” he added. As Cointelegraph reported, gold bug Peter Schiff has also painted a less-than-optimistic outlook for the dollar, arguing that a Biden win would be the worst case scenario. Holmes confirmed that he was eyeing a $4,000 price target for XAU/USD.
Bitcoin has seen inverse correlation with DXY, which has managed to claw back its losses from earlier this summer. Sideways trading has mimicked the lack of progress in gold, with $11,000 remaining out of reach so far in October. News that payments giant Square had followed MicroStrategy in buying a large amount of BTC buoyed markets on Thursday, with BTC/USD nonetheless encountering resistance at $10,940 — the site of previous rejection late last month.
Discussing Square, Cointelegraph Markets analyst Michaël van de Poppe warned that “dashes” of short-term bullish behavior may remain just that — unless Bitcoin can definitively overcome $11,000 resistance.
Trump vs. Biden: $4K gold target as Brandt eyes Bitcoin ‘big buy signal’, CoinTelegraph, Oct 9
From: The FxPro News Team https://fxpro.news/daily-forex-outlook/trump-vs-biden-4k-gold-target-as-brandt-eyes-bitcoin-big-buy-signal-20201009/
Selected by fonecable.com
- NEWS: Weekend – Authorities in Chinese province Sichuan ordered cryptocurrency mining projects closed June 20, 2021 at 10:09PM
- NEWS: ECB President Lagarde (weekend comments): we made good progress in shaping future monetary policy strategy June 20, 2021 at 09:53PM
- NEWS: Trade ideas thread – Monday 21 June 2021 June 20, 2021 at 09:40PM
- NEWS: Economic calendar due from Asia today – China monthly loan rate setting June 20, 2021 at 09:10PM
- NEWS: UK media reports the UK lockdown will not be lifted on July 5 June 20, 2021 at 08:46PM