July 29, 2020 at 12:09PM
“This really was a scam of quite epic proportions”—Malaysia’s 1MDB scandal claims its first scalp
FIVE YEARS ago a $4.5bn hole in a development fund scrambled Malaysia’s politics. Now the inquiry has claimed its first scalp: that of Najib Razak, a former prime minister. We examine the grand shift of business to “shadow banks”—a more innovative, if less regulated, end of the industry. And we join a mushroom-picking expedition in China’s Yunnan province. Runtime: 23min
For full access to print, digital and audio editions of The Economist, subscribe here www.economist.com/intelligenceoffer
Author: | Post link: https://www.economist.com/podcasts/2020/07/29/this-really-was-a-scam-of-quite-epic-proportions-malaysias-1mdb-scandal-claims-its-first-scalp
Selected by fonecable.com
SIMILAR ARTICLES ON WEB: “This really was a scam of quite epic proportions”—Malaysia’s 1MDB scandal claims its first scalp
- AUD/USD Weekly Price Forecast – Australian Dollar Has Choppy Week
- Will Biden’s Neo-Populist Economic Doctrine Support Gold?
- Silver Price Daily Forecast – Test Of Support At $22.10
- Piercing the Sky: Where Will We See the Black Gold by Xmas?
- Nike’s Shares Decline Further After Cutting Revenue Forecast