October 16, 2020 at 08:41AM
The latest data from analytics providers suggest that cumulative Tether transaction volume has just surpassed $600 billion as it begins to dominate crypto exchange trading. On-chain analytics provider Glassnode has revealed that Tether transaction volume increased by around 20% over the past 30 days to reach that new cumulative milestone.
It should be noted, however, that this is a cumulative figure and not the daily transaction volume which is closer to $35 billion according to an average from Coingecko and Coinmarketcap. The same two analytics providers report Bitcoin’s daily transaction volume at between $20 and $25 billion which gives Tether a clear lead for this metric.
In terms of supply, USDT has grown by almost 300% since the beginning of this year when there were just 4 billion in circulation. Today, that figure is just below $16 billion according to the Tether Transparency report. The ERC-20 standard still dominates the USDT supply with almost 65% of all Tether living on the Ethereum blockhom.
Earlier this week, it was reported by Bloomberg that Tether’s market capitalization could actually surpass Ethereum’s by 2022. Currently, Tether’s market cap is around 38% of Ethereum’s but further growth for both is expected. The stablecoin has achieved a number of major milestones this year, and it has all come during an ongoing court case with the New York Attorney General over the backing of the digital dollar. With Tether now interwoven into the fabric of the entire cryptosphere, there’s a lot riding on the outcome of that case.
Tether volume hits $600B as it attempts to take on Bitcoin as crypto’s benchmark, CoinTelegraph, Oct 16
From: The FxPro News Team https://fxpro.news/daily-forex-outlook/tether-volume-hits-600b-20201016/
Selected by fonecable.com
- NEWS: Gold continues gradual descend towards $1,700 as the downtrend stays the course March 02, 2021 at 08:02AM
- NEWS: EUR/USD sits on the edge as the dollar holds firmer to start the session March 02, 2021 at 07:40AM
- Gold Prices at Risk, Crude Oil Sinks But Broader Uptrend Remains Intact
- NEWS: ECB’s de Guindos: If yields rise has negative impact on financing conditions, we are open to recalibrate March 02, 2021 at 07:15AM
- NEWS: Eurostoxx futures -0.2% in early European trading March 02, 2021 at 07:06AM