September 14, 2020 at 06:56PM
Tesla shares jumped more than 9% on Monday amid a broad-based rebound in the technology sector, and as Goldman Sachs said that demand is picking up in China. “Tesla global weekly app downloads have recently been tracking up on a year-over-year basis, with the most recent full week of global data up about 20% yoy,” the firm said in a note to clients Monday, while noting that the company typically has “much stronger deliveries in the last month of each quarter.”
Monday’s move continues a period of volatility for the stock, which has seen it swing between sharp gains and losses. Last Tuesday shares dropped 21% for their worst day on record after S&P Dow Jones Indices decided against adding the stock to the S&P 500. The very next day, the stock jumped nearly 11%.
Monday’s move also came on the heels of strength in the broad technology sector. The Nasdaq Composite advanced 2%, after posting its worst week since March. Apple gained more than 2%, while Amazon, Microsoft and Alphabet were each up more than 1%. Tesla shares are up roughly 380% this year, but they’re also about 20% below their record high from Sept. 1.
Tesla shares jump 9% amid tech rebound, Goldman comments, CNBC, Sep 14
From: The FxPro News Team https://fxpro.news/daily-forex-outlook/tesla-shares-jump-9-20200914/
Selected by fonecable.com
- British Pound Forecast: GBP/AUD, GBP/CAD, GBP/NZD Rates
- NEWS: European shares end lower on the day but close higher this week. March 05, 2021 at 04:43PM
- NEWS: The ARKK ETF is crumbling. What are the broader risks? March 05, 2021 at 04:41PM
- NEWS: New York Fed GDPNow +8.7% vs +8.6% last week March 05, 2021 at 04:28PM
- NEWS: Nasdaq stays in the bearish jail March 05, 2021 at 04:23PM