August 07, 2020 at 08:09PM
Stumble in fall—how the candidates leading now could lose come November
The Economist’s election forecast shows Joe Biden heading for a landslide victory. But August is not November. President Trump has recently shifted focus back to the coronavirus in an attempt to rescue his reelection bid and Republicans have outpaced Democrats in swing-state voter registration. How can fortunes change during a campaign? We ask Stuart Stevens, chief strategist of several Republican campaigns, author and political consultant, and Matt Bennett, Democratic presidential adviser and executive vice-president at Third Way a centrist think-tank.
Host John Prideaux, The Economist's US editor, with Jon Fasman, Washington correspondent, and Charlotte Howard, New York bureau chief. Runtime: 45 min
The podcast is complemented by our "Checks and Balance" newsletter. Sign up here.
For access to The Economist’s print, digital and audio editions subscribe: economist.com/2020electionpod
- Greenback Outperforms The Loonie For The First Time This week
- US Dollar Price Action Setups: EUR/USD, GBP/USD, USD/CAD, USD/JPY
- USD/JPY Weekly Price Forecast – US Dollar Skyrocketed Against Japanese Yen
- GBP/USD Weekly Price Forecast – British Pound Breaks Barrier to the Upside
- EUR/USD Weekly Price Forecast – Euro Just Under 200 Week EMA