August 19, 2020 at 12:23PM
U.S. stock futures pushed higher with European equities in a show of optimism after the S&P 500 hit an all-time high. Gold slipped below $2,000 an ounce.
Asia stocks were mixed. Sentiment was dampened after President Donald Trump said he called off last weekend’s trade talks. The State Department is also asking colleges and universities to divest from Chinese holdings in their endowments.
Investors searching for fresh catalysts to risk assets are keeping watch on U.S. fiscal stimulus talks and waiting for the Federal Reserve to release minutes of a July committee meeting, which may give clues about inflation targeting.
Elsewhere, crude oil eased in New York after a report signaled surging U.S. gasoline stockpiles, suggesting faltering demand.
Futures on the S&P 500 Index increased 0.1% as of 6:39 a.m. New York time.Nasdaq 100 Index futures climbed 0.1%.The Stoxx Europe 600 Index gained 0.2%.The MSCI Asia Pacific Index was little changed.
The Bloomberg Dollar Spot Index decreased 0.1%.Sterling weakened 0.2% to 0.9028 per euro.The Japanese yen strengthened 0.1% to 105.29 per dollar.New Zealand’s dollar increased 0.7% to $0.6647.
The yield on 10-year Treasuries decreased two basis points to 0.65%.The yield on two-year Treasuries fell less than one basis point to 0.14%.Britain’s 10-year yield declined two basis points to 0.195%.Germany’s 10-year yield dipped two basis points to -0.49%.
West Texas Intermediate crude declined 0.9% to $42.50 a barrel.Gold weakened 0.7% to $1,987.88 an ounce.Silver weakened 0.8% to $27.44 per ounce.LME zinc gained 1.2% to $2,487.50 per metric ton.
Stocks Climb After Wall Street Record; Gold Drops, Bloomberg, Aug 19
From: The FxPro News Team https://fxpro.news/daily-forex-outlook/stocks-climb-after-wall-street-record-gold-drops-20200819/
Selected by fonecable.com
- NEWS: Nikkei 225 falls by 4% on the day to end February trading February 26, 2021 at 06:07AM
- NEWS: It is gut check time for the market February 26, 2021 at 05:44AM
- NEWS: BOE’s Bailey: We do expect a negative quarter in Q1 February 26, 2021 at 05:32AM
- NEWS: Germany reports 9,997 new coronavirus cases, 394 deaths in latest update today February 26, 2021 at 05:13AM
- NEWS: BOJ’s Kuroda: No intention of pushing 10-year JGB yield target from around 0% February 26, 2021 at 05:07AM