December 09, 2020 at 08:44AM
Apple co-founder Steve Wozniak’s new token, Efforce (WOZX), almost doubled in price today after an astonishing run that saw the price increase around 26X in the past week. WOZX will open for trading on Korea-based exchange Bithumb on Dec. 9, and is already up 2,490% since first being listed on the HBTC exchange on Dec. 3. It opened at 10 cents per token and currently trades at $2.59.
Ethereum blockchain token WOZX is a way to securitize energy savings. The token has a total supply of one billion and was sold via private funding rounds conducted earlier this year, receiving an initial valuation of $80 million. It reached a market cap of $950 million in its first 13 minutes of trading, according to the eponymous company behind the token, Efforce.
It is Wozniak’s second blockchain-related venture since co-founding Apple in his parents’ garage in 1976. Touting itself as “the first blockchain-based energy saving platform,” Efforce aims to encourage the reduction of energy consumption in a way that is meaningful but does not disrupt current human behavior or routine. WOZX tokens will be used on the platform by contributors who want to take part in energy-saving projects and as rewards based on the amount of energy a user has saved.
Steve Wozniak-backed token WOZX skyrockets ahead of second listing, Cointelegraph, Dec 9
From: The FxPro News Team https://fxpro.news/daily-forex-outlook/steve-wozniak-backed-token-wozx-skyrockets-ahead-of-second-listing-20201209/
Selected by fonecable.com
- Australian Dollar Forecast: AUD/USD May Rise as Dovish Fed Calms Yields, US Dollar
- NEWS: Non-trend transitions to Trend. Make that simple phrase a part of your trading mindset. April 16, 2021 at 09:28PM
- NEWS: ForexLive Americas FX news wrap: Cable powers higher in outside reversal April 16, 2021 at 09:20PM
- NEWS: US stocks hit another closing record as the party continues April 16, 2021 at 09:05PM
- NEWS: CFTC Commitments of Traders: Little changes in the futures net position data for the week April 16, 2021 at 08:39PM