January 14, 2020 at 11:20AM
Many stock markets globally have continued their strong run into the new year — so it’s time to start taking some profits while waiting for another opportunity to reenter the markets, an investor said on Tuesday.
“I’m actually starting to think about trimming back some of the exceptional gains we had last year and coming through into this,” Simon Fentham-Fletcher, chief investment officer at Freedom Asset Management, told CNBC’s “Capital Connection.” “So from my perspective, yes, I think it is time to start taking 1, 2, 3% off and … put away some cash (so) that you can come in when there’s a 5 to 10% correction,” he added.
Fentham-Fletcher predicted that the S&P 500 could rise by 15% by the end of this year. He said the climb in the stock index will likely be driven by an improvement in corporate earnings amid a still-strong U.S. economy. But if earnings don’t recover and continue to slide, the stock market could correct — and investors with some cash on hand could find a window to invest again, he explained.
“I still think the overall environment for equities has very strong growth impetus,” said the CIO. He added that his top trading idea this year is investing in emerging markets assets. He predicted that there’ll be a flow of money going into emerging markets given that some uncertainties, including the U.S.-China trade war, appear to have receded for now.
From: The FxPro News Team https://fxpro.news/daily-forex-outlook/sp-500-could-rise-15-this-year-but-its-time-to-take-some-profits-says-investor-20200114/
Selected by fonecable.com
- Forex – U.S. Dollar Little Changed, AUD/USD Pair Rises Ahead of Jobs Data
- NEWS: Nikkei 225 closes higher by 0.18% at 24,083.51 January 20, 2020 at 06:10AM
- NEWS: Trade ideas thread – European session 20 January 2020 January 20, 2020 at 06:00AM
- NEWS: Australia’s Frydenberg: Full economic impact of bushfires remains uncertain January 20, 2020 at 05:14AM
- EUR/USD Rate Susceptible to Range Bound Prices Ahead of ECB Meeting
Top Posts & Pages
- British Pound May Fall as Carney, PMI Stoke BOE Rate Cut Bets
- NEWS: Monday 20 January 2020 is a US holiday - FX impact January 19, 2020 at 09:31PM
- Dow Jones, Nasdaq 100, DAX 30 Forecasts for the Week Ahead
- NEWS: UK PM Boris Johnson is not attending the World Economic Forum in Davos January 20, 2020 at 03:30AM
- NEWS: Brexit - UK chancellor Javid has put a scare into EU bureaucrats, said the UK may break EU rules January 19, 2020 at 08:53PM
- AUD/USD Monthly Low on Radar amid Muted Reaction to US-China Deal
- NEWS: BOJ policy statement due Tuesday - preview January 20, 2020 at 02:34AM
- NEWS: Monday morning opening levels - indicative forex prices - 20 January 2020 January 19, 2020 at 08:19PM
- USD/IDR, USD/MYR, USD/PHP, USD/SGD Fundamental Week Ahead
- NEWS: European worries over China trade deal with the US. China says chill out. January 20, 2020 at 03:06AM