Senior newsletter editor at The Economist
Newsletters are an increasingly important part of The Economist’s digital growth. They allow us to showcase our journalism to reach new audiences and increase engagement among both subscribers and non-subscribers, and we plan to expand our portfolio of emails in the coming year.
We are seeking an experienced editor to oversee the production process of our current newsletters, and to create and develop new titles. They will also collaborate closely with colleagues in editorial, marketing and product to help devise and implement our long-term strategy on newsletters and, more widely, engagement with all of our digital audiences. They will be based in our newsroom in central London but can work remotely for the time being.
The role will involve:
- Developing our strategic thinking on newsletters and ensuring this aligns with our digital priorities, both in editorial and across the business
- Compiling and producing newsletters to a high standard using Salesforce Marketing Cloud and other platforms or tools as required
- Working closely with colleagues on the digital newsdesk and in the wider editorial department to ensure we are sending the right material to the right people at the right times
- Liaising with our product team on delivery systems and the technical development of our portfolio of emails
- Coordinating with our marketing team to maximise opportunities to promote our content
- Line-management of the newsletter editor
Applicants should submit an assessment of how well The Economist is currently using newsletters, including recommendations on how to develop our portfolio. This assessment is the most important part of the application and we will read it blind (ie. without seeing names or where people are from). Only if what is written matches what we are looking for will we examine the accompanying CV.
All material should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. The closing date is Wednesday October 28th 2020.
The Economist Group values diversity. We are committed to equal opportunities and creating an inclusive environment for all our employees. We welcome applicants regardless of ethnic origin, national origin, gender, race, colour, religious beliefs, disability, sexual orientation or age.
Author: | Post link: https://www.economist.com/news/2020/10/06/senior-newsletter-editor-at-the-economist
Selected by fonecable.com
- NEWS: ANZ on questioning the RBA commitment to not hike the cash rate until 2024 May 10, 2021 at 12:29AM
- NEWS: Pantera Capital (cryptocurrency fund) is, err … bullish on Bitcoin May 10, 2021 at 12:29AM
- NEWS: GBP gaining higher still as Tokyo trade gets underway May 10, 2021 at 12:27AM
- NEWS: Musk says Spacex to launch satellite DOGE-1 to the moon in 2022 May 09, 2021 at 11:47PM
- NEWS: Goldman Sachs on the Colonial Pipeline gasoline network shut down – brief disruption May 09, 2021 at 11:41PM