September 08, 2020 at 10:31AM
CryptoCompare said crypto derivative volumes rose 54% to more than $710 billion in August in its monthly Exchange Review. That’s a new all-time high, with August’s figures now far exceeding the $602 billion monthly volumes reported in May.Spot markets also experienced a surge in activity, with August trading volumes coming to $820 billion – nearly $400 billion up from July’s numbers.
Constantine Tsavliris, CryptoCompare’s head of research, told CoinDesk that the surge in crypto derivative volumes was likely a result of last month’s rally, which brought bitcoin from $9,200 to near $12,400 at its peak. Spot price movement and volatility were higher in August than July, said Tsavliris. As a rule, this generally leads to greater trading activity for cryptocurrencies and their derivatives.
Derivative volumes soared to then-record highs in May due to speculation surrounding the bitcoin halving event.
August’s Bitcoin Rally Led to Record Crypto Derivatives Volumes, CoinDesk, Sep 8
From: The FxPro News Team https://fxpro.news/daily-forex-outlook/record-crypto-derivatives-volumes-20200908/
Selected by fonecable.com
- FinTwit, Women and Trading: An Interview with @DeadCaitBounce
- Top 10 Candlestick Patterns To Trade the Markets
- NEWS: Canadian government set to announce multibillion-dollar relief package for Air Canada April 12, 2021 at 09:36PM
- NEWS: Sluggish day for US equities ends with tech lagging April 12, 2021 at 09:09PM
- NEWS: Here is what’s on the economic calendar in Asia today – Australian business confidence April 12, 2021 at 08:59PM