June 30, 2020 at 08:58AM
Oil giant Royal Dutch Shell said on Tuesday it will write down the value of its assets by up to $22 billion in the second quarter, after revising down its long-term outlook for oil and gas prices. It comes after the energy company announced in mid-April an ambition to reduce greenhouse gas emissions to net zero by 2050.
Shell said in a statement to investors that it had reviewed a significant portion of its business given the impact of the coronavirus pandemic and the “ongoing challenging commodity price environment.” It said it would take aggregate post-tax impairment charges in the range of $15 billion to $22 billion in the second quarter.
This included a write-down of between $8 billion-$9 billion in its integrated gas unit, a $4 billion-$6 billion write-down in upstream assets, and a $3 billion-$7 billion write-down in oil products across its refining portfolio. Shares of the Anglo-Dutch company were over 1% lower during early morning deals.
Oil major Shell to write down up to $22 billion of assets in second quarter, CNBC, Jun 30
From: The FxPro News Team https://fxpro.news/daily-forex-outlook/oil-major-shell-to-write-down-up-to-22-billion-of-assets-in-second-quarter-20200630/
Selected by fonecable.com
- NEWS: Major US indices open lower. NASDAQ is the weakest. July 16, 2020 at 02:34PM
- NEWS: The USDCAD can’t stay below its 200 day MA July 16, 2020 at 02:25PM
- NEWS: The USDJPY trades between its 100 and 200 hour moving average July 16, 2020 at 02:11PM
- NEWS: EURUSD retraces to higher swing area after support holds July 16, 2020 at 02:03PM
- NEWS: GBPUSD retraces higher to the 200 hour moving average July 16, 2020 at 01:52PM
Top Posts & Pages
- NEWS: Australian employment change +210.8(expected +100K) & Unemployment 7.4% (exp. 7.3%) July 16, 2020 at 02:30AM
- NEWS: BOJ as expected, no change to monetary policy July 15, 2020 at 03:57AM
- NEWS: Macklem opening statement: BOC will be there to provide stimulus for extended period July 15, 2020 at 04:06PM
- NEWS: WTI crude oil futures settle at $41.20 July 15, 2020 at 07:40PM
- NEWS: Pres. Trump: Has completed overall of infrastructure approval process July 15, 2020 at 08:48PM
- US Dollar Forecast: Testing Major Channel Support - Levels for DXY Index
- NEWS: ADP Canada June employment report +1040K vs +208.4K prior July 16, 2020 at 01:35PM
- NEWS: Florida coronavirus cases 10,085 vs 9,261 yesterday July 15, 2020 at 03:33PM
- Is the Chinese stock rally over?
- NEWS: Texas coronavirus cases hit a new record high again, +10,791 July 15, 2020 at 10:06PM