The Turkish lira collapsed in the very early hours of Asia Monday trade after President Erdogan fired the central bank governor over the weekend:
Governor’ Agbal’s crime was a big rate hike. The new governor was appointed 4 months ago – Agbal was hiking to fight inflation and to try to restore credibility to the central bank.
- S&P 500 Holds Losses Despite Pullback in Short-Term Consumer Inflation Expectations
- Gold Price Forecast: Gold Threatens Larger Break, 1854 Support in Sight
- Markets Week Ahead: Dow Jones, US Dollar, Gold, Euro, Fed, CPI, China
- S&P 500 Outlook: Equities Drop Ahead of Peloton, Disney and Alibaba Earnings
- USD/JPY Forecast – Setting Up for the Next Leg Higher?