Services still in contraction but an improvement from March
Markit’s key points:
And, analyst comments from the report:
Yes, with reentry to restrictions in economically crucial prefectures the path ahead still looks rocky for Japan’s economy. The 2020 Olympics, which are now the 2021 Olympics, are still expected to go ahead, so that’s a positive.
Search Web: Japan – Jibun Bank/Markit PMIs (final) for April: Services 49.5 (prior 48.3) and Composite 51.0 (49.9)
- Australian Dollar Forecast: Major AUD/NZD Bottom May Soon Be Approaching
- British Pound Slips After Data, Still Tied to Range. Can GBP/USD Break Out Ahead of FOMC?
- How to Research Stocks: A Step by Step Guide
- Gold Price Outlook Turns to UofM Sentiment as US Dollar, Treasury Yields Rally
- New Zealand Dollar Outlook: NZD/USD Drops on US Dollar Bids, Wall Street Losses