Comments by China president Xi Jinping
– China should adjust policy focus as needed
– Says that Wuhan should gradually push forward with production resumption
President Xi Jinping Held Talks with Pakistani President Arif Alvi
President Xi Jinping held talks with Pakistani President Arif Alvi at the Great Hall of the People on 17 March.
Xi noted that the Chinese government and people are making continuous efforts to ultimately secure a complete victory over COVID-19. Mr. President sent me a letter of sympathy in the very early days of the outbreak, and is now paying a special visit to show firm support to China. The Pakistani government and people from various sectors have gone out of their way to donate epidemic containment supplies to China. We highly appreciate these kind gestures, which once again demonstrate that our two countries are true friends and good brothers who are always there for each other come rain or shine. The special bond between China and Pakistan is the choice of history and enjoys deep roots among the two peoples.
Xi noted that as the epidemic is breaking out in many countries around the world, it is high time that countries respond with solidarity and cooperation. Bearing in mind that all countries are in a community with a shared future, China has acted in an open, transparent and responsible manner to provide timely information on the epidemic and share experience on containment, diagnosis and treatment. China is ready to contribute more to curbing the spread of the epidemic globally and will continue to provide support and assistance to Pakistan.
President Alvi commended China for its significant progress in fighting the epidemic under the strong leadership of President Xi Jinping, and expressed sincere congratulations on behalf of the Pakistani government and people. The Communist Party of China and the Chinese government have taken on this adversity with outstanding leadership and mobilization capability, and the Chinese people have shown great solidarity and dedication. Other countries need to learn from China’s experience and practices. China will emerge from the epidemic even stronger. The attempts by certain forces to use the epidemic to stigmatize and isolate China will gain no support and are doomed to fail.
Pakistan and China are “iron brothers” who have gone through thick and thin together and bound by ever stronger ties between the two peoples. Pakistan-China friendship and solidarity stand out particularly in testing times. Pakistan appreciates China’s support and assistance and will stand by China to tide over this difficulty.
Pakistan will continue to support China on issues concerning China’s core interests. It will maintain close exchanges, deepen cooperation with China and work together to ensure the success of the China-Pakistan Economic Corridor. Pakistan will also continue to advance counter-terrorism cooperation with China and jointly uphold international fairness and justice.
(The full text is available at: http://paper.people.com.cn/rmrb/html/2020-03/18/nw.D110000renmrb_20200318_1-01.htm)
Xi says China to help Spain fight COVID-19 epidemic
BEIJING, March 17 (Xinhua) — China will do its best to provide support and assistance to help Spain combat the COVID-19 epidemic, Chinese President Xi Jinping said in a phone conversation with Spanish Prime Minister Pedro Sanchez on Tuesday evening.
Pointing out the recent intensifying and spreading trend of the epidemic in Spain, Xi extended sincere sympathies to the Spanish government and people on behalf of the Chinese government and people.
Xi stressed that through the hard work of the whole country, China’s prevention and control measures have achieved positive results, and China has come out of the most difficult and arduous stage.
Noting that the epidemic is now breaking out in many countries and places, Xi said that China is willing to carry out international cooperation with other countries and provide assistance within its capacity.
He expressed hope that the international community will work together to turn the crisis into an opportunity, and withstand the impact of the epidemic with concrete actions of openness and cooperation, so as to jointly safeguard international health security.
Xi stressed that China supports the measures taken by the Spanish government to fight the epidemic, understands the severe situation Spain is facing, and is ready to meet Spain’s urgent needs by doing its utmost to provide support and assistance, and share its experience in COVID-19 prevention, control and treatment, so as to contribute to the health and well-beings of the two peoples as well as the global public health security.
After the epidemic, the two sides should step up exchanges and cooperation in a wide range of fields, Xi said, adding that China is willing to continue to expand imports of high-quality and featured products from Spain.
“Sunshine always comes after the rain,” Xi said, expressing belief that the friendship between China and Spain will be stronger and the bilateral ties will have a brighter future after the test of jointly fighting the epidemic.
For his part, Sanchez said that Spain and China have always been supporting and helping each other, which has been fully embodied in their joint efforts to combat the epidemic.
Noting that the current epidemic situation in Spain is severe, Sanchez said the Spanish people are deeply grateful for China’s timely offering of urgently-needed medical supplies, which has fully demonstrated China’s friendly feelings towards the Spanish people.
The Spanish government will do its utmost to protect the health and safety of Chinese citizens residing in Spain, the prime minister said.
The epidemic is a common challenge facing the international community, and countries should work together to tackle it, he said, adding that Spain appreciates China’s openness in promoting international cooperation and is willing to strengthen exchanges and cooperation with China in various fields.
He also expressed belief that after the epidemic, the Spain-China ties will further develop, and wished the great Chinese people healthy and safe.
- COVID-19 Coronavirus Pandemic Last updated: April 04, 2020, 21:00 GMT
- NEWS: RBNZ Gov Orr – says again will keep monetary support as long as necessary, strong fiscal position in NZ April 04, 2020 at 09:11PM
- Gold Prices May Fall on FOMC Minutes, Recession & Credit Risks
- NEWS: Canada and US discuss tariffs on Saudi/Russian oil imports – report April 04, 2020 at 05:22PM
- NEWS: Italy virus deaths rise to 15,362 from 14,681 April 04, 2020 at 05:18PM
Top Posts & Pages
- NEWS: Spain reports 117,710 total coronavirus cases, up by 7,472 cases from yesterday April 03, 2020 at 10:40AM
- NEWS: Italy March services PMI 17.4 vs 22.5 expected April 03, 2020 at 08:45AM
- NEWS: UK health secretary hints that Easter Sunday could be peak for virus outbreak in the UK April 03, 2020 at 12:04PM
- NEWS: The dollar is whipping around in relatively modest ranges after the much weaker jobs report April 03, 2020 at 01:42PM
- NEWS: US Markit final March services PMI 39.8 vs 38.5 expected April 03, 2020 at 02:45PM
- NEWS: Dollar to stay supported on global risk aversion - NAB April 03, 2020 at 06:20AM
- NEWS: WTI breaks $28 in the second day of big gains as the crude market embraces socialism April 03, 2020 at 01:54PM
- NEWS: Baker Hughes oil rig count 562 versus 624 last week April 03, 2020 at 06:04PM
- NEWS: AUD/USD falls to fresh one-week low below 0.6000 April 03, 2020 at 10:32AM
- NEWS: US crude oil futures settle at $28.34 April 03, 2020 at 07:44PM