David Calhoun appointed CEO and PresidentEmbattled CEO Dennis Muilenburg resigned as CEO and the from the company board. He will be replaced by current board Chairman David Calhoun. The board will now be run by Lawrence Kellner.From the company release:
The Board of Directors decided that a change in leadership was necessary to restore confidence in the Company moving forward as it works to repair relationships with regulators, customers, and all other stakeholders.
Under the Company’s new leadership, Boeing will operate with a renewed commitment to full transparency, including effective and proactive communication with the FAA, other global regulators and its customers.
The 737 Max story continues to drag and you have to wonder if his quick departure was because of any pending revelations.
On Friday Boeing launched a rocket that was intended to dock with the International Space Station but it failed to meet the objective and returned back to the US.
Update: Shares of Boeing opened up 3.5%. I always think it has to be humbling for a CEO when shares rise on the news of his/her ouster.
- NEWS: US January prelim Markit services PMI 53.2 vs 53.0 expected January 24, 2020 at 02:45PM
- NEWS: Oil breaks support, falls to 10-week low January 24, 2020 at 02:34PM
- NEWS: US stocks open with gains. Nasdaq makes a record high. January 24, 2020 at 02:34PM
- Gold Price Outlook: XAU Prices Coil – Is Another Breakout Brewing?
- NEWS: Make India great again January 24, 2020 at 02:15PM
Top Posts & Pages
- GBP Charts
- NEWS: NZ finmin Robertson says more government spending to come to support economy January 23, 2020 at 02:52AM
- NEWS: Gold still refuses to follow the script as price action remains caught in limbo January 23, 2020 at 08:35AM
- NEWS: HK briefing announced at 0230GMT - on 2nd coronavirus case January 23, 2020 at 01:31AM
- NEWS: ANZ no longer forecasting an RBA rate cut next week January 23, 2020 at 02:01AM
- GBP Charts
- NEWS: The shut down of Wuhan is an enormous event - the numbers are staggering January 23, 2020 at 01:53AM
- Euro May Fall as the ECB Stays Cautious Despite Economic Upturn
- NEWS: Chinese medical professional who contracted the coronavirus says his condition has improved after 1 day treatment January 23, 2020 at 02:08AM
- ECB Leaves Rates Unchanged, As Expected; Euro Stable