September 07, 2020 at 01:05PM
While the cryptocurrency has declined from $12,400 to $10,000 in the past three weeks, the number of “accumulation addresses” has increased by 2% to 513,000, according to data source Glassnode. “Lots of new daily buyers are coming in to absorb supply,” Su Zhu, CEO of Singapore-based Three Arrows Capital, told CoinDesk in a Telegram chat.
Accumulation addresses are those that have at least two incoming non-dust transfers (representing minuscule amounts of bitcoin) and have never spent funds. The metric excludes addresses belonging to miners and exchanges, and addresses active more than seven years ago to exclude lost coins.
The divergence between prices and accumulation addresses suggests that investors view the recent price drop as a typical bull market pullback and expect prices to rise once more. “Markets typically retrace one third or more in a bull market after local euphoria,” Zhu tweeted on Friday, suggesting prices could drop to as low as $8,800 and still be a “healthy target.”
Investors Buying Bitcoin Amid Price Slump to Near $10K, Data Shows, CoinDesk, Sep 7
From: The FxPro News Team https://fxpro.news/daily-forex-outlook/investors-buying-bitcoin-amid-price-slump-to-near-10k-20200907/
Selected by fonecable.com
- NEWS: NASDAQ closes at a new record but off the highs levels June 23, 2021 at 09:05PM
- NEWS: Here is what’s on the economic calendar in Asia today – a light one for Thursday 24 June 2021 June 23, 2021 at 09:00PM
- NEWS: Fed’s Kaplan: See’s first rate increase in 2022 June 23, 2021 at 08:41PM
- NEWS: John McAfee dies of suicide in prison cell – report June 23, 2021 at 08:27PM
- Pound Climbs Ahead of BoE, but Policy Fireworks Unlikely: Experts