How do you turn India’s history into a television hit?
ADAPTING “A Suitable Boy”, Vikram Seth’s epic novel about marriage, politics and social upheaval in newly independent India, for the small screen was a labour of love for its director. Mira Nair talks to Anne McElvoy about why she worked with a white writer on this Indian classic, the eternal fascination of the matchmaker and the yoga pose that gets her in the right frame of mind. Runtime: 24 min
Please subscribe to The Economist for full access to print, digital and audio editions: www.economist.com/podcastoffer
Author: | Post link: https://www.economist.com/podcasts/2020/08/13/how-do-you-turn-indias-history-into-a-television-hit
Selected by fonecable.com
- Australian Dollar Forecast: Major AUD/NZD Bottom May Soon Be Approaching
- British Pound Slips After Data, Still Tied to Range. Can GBP/USD Break Out Ahead of FOMC?
- How to Research Stocks: A Step by Step Guide
- Gold Price Outlook Turns to UofM Sentiment as US Dollar, Treasury Yields Rally
- New Zealand Dollar Outlook: NZD/USD Drops on US Dollar Bids, Wall Street Losses