December 02, 2019 at 06:19PM
Over 60% of the total Bitcoin (BTC) in circulation has not left its wallet in more than a year, highlighting demand among investors. That was the conclusion of analyst Rhythm, who uploaded statistics about Bitcoin network activity on Dec. 2.
Of the roughly 18.08 million Bitcoins which have been mined, 11.58 million — or 64% of the supply — has stayed in the same wallet since 2018. The figure is striking as during that time, BTC/USD expanded from $3,100 last December to 2019 highs of $13,800 just six months later. Subsequently, markets reversed downward, shaving 52% off the highs to reach local lows of $6,500 on Nov. 25. “Hodlers of last resort are insane,” Rhythm summarized.
As Cointelegraph recently noted, the cryptocurrency’s proponents have long drawn the distinction between its characteristics and those of “easy money” such as fiat currency. A currency, which can have its supply manipulated fits an economic system that incentivizes spending and borrowing while discouraging saving. As Saifedean Ammous summarized in his popular book, “The Bitcoin Standard,” consumers feel the urge to spend money sooner, as it loses its value in the long-term due to government and central bank interference. Bitcoiners, by contrast, continue to exhibit a so-called “low time preference” economically — saving for the future, understanding that it is more profitable to do so than purchase as much as possible as soon as possible.
From: The FxPro News Team https://fxpro.news/daily-forex-outlook/hodlers-are-insane-64-of-bitcoin-supply-has-not-moved-since-2018-20191202/
Selected by fonecable.com
- NEWS: US emini S&P 500 futures moving higher on Globex reopen (here’s why) May 25, 2020 at 11:09PM
- NEWS: ECB’s Villeroy spoke Monday (ICYMI) – another sign of more ECB QE bond buys May 25, 2020 at 10:54PM
- NEWS: More on that Novavax Coronavirus vaccine human testing getting underway May 25, 2020 at 10:20PM
- NEWS: Australian PM to speak today – will say economy needs to come out of intensive care May 25, 2020 at 10:00PM
- NEWS: Wuhan is back in the news – researcher says new US legislation is “ill-willed and malicious” May 25, 2020 at 09:54PM
Top Posts & Pages
- NEWS: Weekend reports of China incursion into India May 25, 2020 at 02:38AM
- NEWS: Trade ideas thread - Monday 25 May 2020 May 24, 2020 at 10:05PM
- NEWS: Japan may remove the coronavirus state of emergency in Tokyo May 24, 2020 at 08:53PM
- NEWS: Japan has begun finalizing a coronavirus relief package of more than 100 trillion yen May 24, 2020 at 10:43PM
- NEWS: Monday morning open levels - indicative forex prices - 25 May 2020 May 24, 2020 at 08:02PM
- NEWS: China says that it strongly condemns US blacklisting 33 of its entities May 25, 2020 at 08:37AM
- NEWS: ICYMI: US likely to impose economic sanctions if China proceeds with proposed national security law for Hong Kong May 25, 2020 at 04:34AM
- Will Oil Prices Ever Recover After the Market Broke?
- Nikkei 225 Wave Analysis – 25 May, 2020
- NEWS: Germany reportedly plans to support medium-size firms by up to €50,000 per month May 25, 2020 at 09:13AM