September 21, 2020 at 08:11AM
World GDP will return to the level it was before COVID-19 by mid-2021 after a stronger-than-expected economic bounce in recent months, Deutsche Bank said on Monday, but bloated debt levels and a shift in policy could heighten the risk of a financial crisis.
Deutsche upped its forecast for global GDP to -3.9% after predicting in May a year-on-year contraction of -5.9% for 2020. For 2021, Deutsche raised its growth forecast to 5.6% from 5.3%.
“Global economic recovery from the depths of the COVID-19 plunge this past winter and spring has proceeded significantly faster than we envisioned,” Peter Hooper, Deutsche global head of economic research wrote in a note to clients. “As Q3 draws toward a close, we estimate that the level of global GDP is about half way back to its pre-virus level, and we now see that journey being completed by the middle of next year, a couple quarters sooner than in our previous forecast.”
Global GDP to reach pre-COVID-19 levels by mid-2021: Deutsche Bank, Reuters, Sep 21
From: The FxPro News Team https://fxpro.news/daily-forex-outlook/global-gdp-to-reach-pre-covid-19-levels-by-mid-2021-deutsche-bank-20200921/
Selected by fonecable.com
- Moving Average (MA) Explained for Traders
- NEWS: Sunday evening US Gasoline futures jump higher after huge US east coast pipeline shutdown May 09, 2021 at 11:33PM
- NEWS: GBP higher after the weekend Scottish election – shake it off May 09, 2021 at 11:17PM
- NEWS: Saturday Night Live Elon Musk reviews are in – DOGE drops May 09, 2021 at 11:12PM
- NEWS: Goldman Sachs explain the NFP miss – blaming laziness May 09, 2021 at 10:49PM