December 17, 2020 at 10:18AM
French President Emmanuel Macron tested positive for Covid-19 on Thursday, the Elysee palace said in a statement. Macron, 42, will self-isolate during seven days, while continuing to work, his office said.
Meanwhile, Germany reported over 45,000 cases on Thursday morning, its biggest-ever jump in infections and over twice the number from the day before, according to Bloomberg data.
Fatalities in the U.S. hit another daily record, with 3,835 deaths reported on Wednesday. The country is racing to distribute Covid-19 vaccines. The first hiccups have included a holdup in delivering 3,900 shots to two states and the announcement that Pfizer Inc. would ship about 900,000 fewer doses next week than this week. A health-care worker in Alaska experienced the first known severe allergic event since administration of the vaccine began.
Tokyo raised its warning on the city’s medical system to “under strain,” the highest of four levels, for the first time since the alert system was laid out in July.
The European Commission is said to be pushing for expedited approval of the vaccine from Pfizer and BioNTech SE, which could enable a rollout on the continent before Christmas.
Germany reported over 45,000 cases on Thursday morning, Bloomberg, Dec 17
From: The FxPro News Team https://fxpro.news/daily-forex-outlook/germany-reported-over-45000-cases-on-thursday-morning-20201217/
Selected by fonecable.com
- Moving Average (MA) Explained for Traders
- NEWS: Sunday evening US Gasoline futures jump higher after huge US east coast pipeline shutdown May 09, 2021 at 11:33PM
- NEWS: GBP higher after the weekend Scottish election – shake it off May 09, 2021 at 11:17PM
- NEWS: Saturday Night Live Elon Musk reviews are in – DOGE drops May 09, 2021 at 11:12PM
- NEWS: Goldman Sachs explain the NFP miss – blaming laziness May 09, 2021 at 10:49PM