December 02, 2019 at 02:14PM
FX: The dollar retreats after a failed growth attempt on Friday. DXY dropped from 98.5 to 98.14. EURUSD support increases after the drop below 1.1000 last week to 1.1030 now. GBPUSD recovered to 1.2930 after decline to 1.2900 in the opening after poll showed tighter race between Conservative and Labor parties.
Stocks: Futures for S&P500 declined are losing by the start of trading in the US, despite updating highs within the day. EuroStoxx 50 loses 1.1% on concern around progress in trade negotiations. MSCI World has almost unchanged from the start of the day. The VIX volatility index jumped from 11.75 to 12.9.
Commodities: Brent recovered 2% to 61.50 after a 5% decline at the end of trading on Friday. Gold trades near 1460, slightly up from monthly lows.
Crypto: Bitcoin is at $7200 after the jump to $ 7800 this weekend. The top 10 altcoins range from -4.3% (XLM) to -1.0% (XMR).
Important upcoming events (GMT):
15:00 USD [***] ISM Manufacturing PMI
03:30 AUD [***] RBA Interest Rate Decision
From: The FxPro Analyst Team https://fxpro.news/daily-economic-events/fxpro-daily-insight-for-december-2-20191202/
Selected by fonecable.com
- Japanese Yen Outlook Bullish on Coronavirus Surge, US Earnings Season
- Explainer: Dollar peg is critical to Hong Kong amid U.S. threats, China worries
- NEWS: Why President Trump doesn’t need to make America great July 11, 2020 at 09:09AM
- Dow Jones, S&P 500, DAX 30, FTSE 100 Outlook: Stocks Week Ahead
- Euro Forecast: EUR/USD to Find Direction from ECB and EU Summit
Top Posts & Pages
- NEWS: Hong Kong reports second highest daily local coronavirus case tally July 10, 2020 at 09:53AM
- NEWS: Hong Kong reports highest daily jump in local coronavirus cases since the pandemic began July 09, 2020 at 09:55AM
- European markets open lower as coronavirus concerns persist
- Oil declines as U.S. virus cases hit record, heading for weekly fall
- NEWS: When to hold trades over the weekend? July 10, 2020 at 07:16AM
- GBP/USD (Mobile View)
- ‘Vaccine nationalism’ could lead to the coronavirus devastating public health and the economy, experts warn
- NEWS: ForexLive Americas FX news wrap: Canadian dollar shrugs off strong jobs report July 10, 2020 at 09:48PM
- NEWS: ICYMI (been living under a rock?) - WHO say coronavirus might be spread in the air July 10, 2020 at 03:43AM
- NEWS: EUR/USD lower to start the session, sellers look to hold below key near-term levels July 10, 2020 at 07:31AM