December 02, 2019 at 02:14PM
FX: The dollar retreats after a failed growth attempt on Friday. DXY dropped from 98.5 to 98.14. EURUSD support increases after the drop below 1.1000 last week to 1.1030 now. GBPUSD recovered to 1.2930 after decline to 1.2900 in the opening after poll showed tighter race between Conservative and Labor parties.
Stocks: Futures for S&P500 declined are losing by the start of trading in the US, despite updating highs within the day. EuroStoxx 50 loses 1.1% on concern around progress in trade negotiations. MSCI World has almost unchanged from the start of the day. The VIX volatility index jumped from 11.75 to 12.9.
Commodities: Brent recovered 2% to 61.50 after a 5% decline at the end of trading on Friday. Gold trades near 1460, slightly up from monthly lows.
Crypto: Bitcoin is at $7200 after the jump to $ 7800 this weekend. The top 10 altcoins range from -4.3% (XLM) to -1.0% (XMR).
Important upcoming events (GMT):
15:00 USD [***] ISM Manufacturing PMI
03:30 AUD [***] RBA Interest Rate Decision
From: The FxPro Analyst Team https://fxpro.news/daily-economic-events/fxpro-daily-insight-for-december-2-20191202/
Selected by fonecable.com
- NEWS: Chinese imports rise for the first time since April December 08, 2019 at 01:38PM
- Forex – Weekly Outlook: Dec 9 – 13
- Nasdaq 100, DAX 30, CAC 40 Forecasts Look to the Fed and Trade Wars
- Sterling (GBP) Weekly Forecast: British Pound Driving Higher into General Election Week
- NEWS: What implied volatility says about this week’s event risk December 07, 2019 at 09:34PM
Top Posts & Pages
- NEWS: UK ComRes election poll puts Conservatives at 42%, Labour at 32% December 04, 2019 at 09:04PM
- Crude Oil Volatility Soars amid OPEC Risk, Investors Bet on Oil Price Breakout
- NEWS: GBPUSD sellers lean against topside resistance on the first test December 05, 2019 at 03:37PM
- Forex - U.S. Dollar Treads Water as ADP Data Outweigh Trade Progress
- NEWS: Heads up: OPEC meetings set to begin in just about an hour from now December 05, 2019 at 09:04AM
- Asian currencies fueled by new trade optimism
- NEWS: USDJPY falls as stocks stumble December 05, 2019 at 03:22PM
- Bank of Canada Holds Steady, Citing ‘Intact’ Global Recovery
- NEWS: OPEC vs US shale: impact on the oil prices and USD December 05, 2019 at 01:54AM
- NEWS: Eurozone October retail sales -0.6% vs -0.5% m/m expected December 05, 2019 at 10:00AM