December 17, 2020 at 10:01AM
French President Emmanuel Macron has tested positive for Covid-19, according to a statement from the French Presidency.
“This diagnosis was established following an RTPCR test performed as soon as the first symptoms appeared,” Macron’s office said on Thursday. The brief statement did not provide any further details on the symptoms the president had experienced.
“In accordance with the health instructions in force applicable to all, the President of the Republic will isolate himself for 7 days.”
Macron will continue to work remotely, the statement added.
To date, more than 2.4 million people have contracted the coronavirus in France, with 59,472 related deaths, according to data compiled by Johns Hopkins University.
French President Emmanuel Macron tests positive for Covid, CNBC, Dec 17
From: The FxPro News Team https://fxpro.news/daily-forex-outlook/french-president-emmanuel-macron-tests-positive-for-covid-20201217/
Selected by fonecable.com
- NEWS: Sunday evening US Gasoline futures jump higher after huge US east coast pipeline shutdown May 09, 2021 at 11:33PM
- NEWS: GBP higher after the weekend Scottish election – shake it off May 09, 2021 at 11:17PM
- NEWS: Saturday Night Live Elon Musk reviews are in – DOGE drops May 09, 2021 at 11:12PM
- NEWS: Goldman Sachs explain the NFP miss – blaming laziness May 09, 2021 at 10:49PM
- NEWS: Weekend – US fuel pipeline operator Colonial Pipeline cyberattack forced shutdown of its fuel network May 09, 2021 at 10:32PM