February 11, 2020 at 08:43AM
As the rate of growth of new coronavirus infections drops, demand for risk returns to the markets. However, it is not equal across all regions. The three major American indices – Dow Jones, S&P500, Nasdaq – rushed to new heights, pulling the EuroStoxx50.
Still, there are significant differences between the growth of European and American indices in the form of dynamics of local currencies. U.S. markets are moving upwards amid positive macroeconomic data. At the same time, the effect of previous actions of the Fed has not yet fully reached the economy, tuning investors for even more significant improvement in the coming months.
A different story in Europe. Industrial production reports published since the last week in Germany, France, and Italy showed a decline of 6.8%, 2.8% and 4.3% YoY, respectively. Germany factory orders dropped 8.7% YoY, the lowest since 2009, becomes a further worrying indicator.
Adding to the pessimism is that all these reports refer to December, long before the coronavirus problem appeared on investors’ radars. Therefore, these data, often having a very short-term effect on the euro rate, this time launched a sale of the single currency from levels, where it previously got support. Very cheerful American statistics confirmed the contrast in these regions, opening the way for EURUSD to decline from psychologically important level 1.10.
Strictly speaking, the pair declined under this level on Thursday but traded close to this line, pulled away only on Friday and developed decline on Monday to 1.0900 area by Tuesday morning.
The nearest support level may be the area 1.0880, where the Euro pushed off in early October. However, Germany is also a major exporter to China and not just an importer. Therefore, its growth rate may suffer much more than the U.S.A. in the coming months, requiring more stimulus accordingly.
The difference in the current figures and the nearest forecasts explain the significant pressure on EURUSD, opening the way to the further decline of the pair to 1.0750 by the end of the month. This decline fits into the general pair’s downtrend, formed in 2018 with the first volleys of the trade wars. But the coronavirus outbreak may become the factor that would accelerate the decline of EURUSD to 1.05 area or even lower before the 1Q20 end.
If by the middle of the year, the U.S. keeps healthy growth rates, while Europe and China continue to suffer, it is reasonable to expect EURUSD to decline close to parity by the third quarter.
The FxPro Analyst Team
From: The FxPro Analyst Team https://fxpro.news/daily-forex-outlook/euro-sinks-under-1-1000-aiming-lower-20200211/
Selected by fonecable.com
- NEWS: China’s Global Times on that oral vaccine to protect against coronavirus February 25, 2020 at 02:59AM
- NEWS: WSJ: Coronavirus’ global spread may not be contained, WHO Says February 25, 2020 at 02:49AM
- NEWS: BOJ’s Maeda says the BOJ is not targeting yen with monetary policy February 25, 2020 at 02:17AM
- NEWS: Latest South Korea business sentiment drops to 84.4 (from 92 the previous month) February 25, 2020 at 02:05AM
- NEWS: Australian PM Morrison says only 7 cases of coronavirus remain, all considered mild February 25, 2020 at 01:55AM
Top Posts & Pages
- GBP/USD (Mobile View)
- NEWS: Dow falls 1000 points February 24, 2020 at 05:18PM
- NEWS: ICYMI - Fed's Mester sees US economy performing well, coronavirus a big risk February 25, 2020 at 01:51AM
- NEWS: United Airlines cut 2020 forecast, citing coronavirus impact February 24, 2020 at 10:32PM
- NEWS: US President Trump says "Coronavirus is very much under control in the USA" February 24, 2020 at 09:43PM
- NEWS: Feel like it’s time to achieve your investment goal and boost your income? February 24, 2020 at 04:32PM
- NEWS: South Korea & US considering scaling back military exercises due to coronavirus February 24, 2020 at 11:02PM
- NEWS: The USDJPY moves toward 200 hour MA and bounces February 24, 2020 at 03:12PM
- NEWS: Dollar moves a bit higher as gold comes off February 24, 2020 at 08:07PM
- NEWS: USD/JPY to 120? Here are a 2 reasons. February 24, 2020 at 10:22PM