August 19, 2020 at 06:24AM
South Korea reported the highest daily rise in coronavirus cases since early March on Wednesday as an outbreak in the capital Seoul appeared to intensify.
The 297 new infections mark the sixth straight day of triple-digit increases in a country that has managed to blunt several previous outbreaks, bringing South Korea’s total to 16,058 infections with 306 deaths, health officials said.
Most of the new cases appeared in Seoul and the surrounding areas, raising concerns of a broader outbreak in a metropolitan area of more than 25 million people that has only seen small clusters so far.
The government ordered the closure of nightclubs, karaoke bars, buffets and cyber cafes earlier this week, banned all in-person church services, and restricted indoor and outdoor gatherings to no more than 50 and 100 people respectively.
South Korea records highest daily rise in coronavirus cases since early March, CNBC, Aug 19
From: The FxPro News Team https://fxpro.news/daily-forex-outlook/covid-19-south-korea-records-highest-daily-rise-in-cases-20200819/
Selected by fonecable.com
- New Zealand Dollar Analysis: NZD/USD Energy Builds After Positive Economic Data
- NEWS: EUR/USD rebound is transitory, will resume falling May 05, 2021 at 11:39PM
- Crude Oil Price Outlook: WTI Peels Back from Year-to-Date Highs
- USD/BRL Points Lower as Brazil's Central Bank Raises Selic Rate to 3.5%
- NEWS: Fed’s Rosengren says it is too early to talk about tapering QE May 05, 2021 at 11:08PM