January 14, 2020 at 11:33AM
Bitcoin (BTC) futures options from CME Group saw volumes in excess of $2.3 million on the product’s first day of public trading, the company has confirmed. Data from CME’s official website confirmed the successful rollout on Jan. 13, which began as scheduled and ultimately saw 55 contracts change hands. Each contract corresponds to 5 BTC, meaning that at current prices, the 55 contracts were worth $2.34 million.
Bitcoin markets rallied on release day, rising by more than 5% to hit highs of $8,550. Those levels had previously remained absent since mid-November.
As Cointelegraph reported, enthusiasm was palpable in advance of the options debut last week, with Bitcoin likewise gaining significantly in the run-up to Monday. CME, along with competitor Bakkt, reported increased interest in futures during that period.
For Monday, Bakkt’s futures delivered total volumes of 2,907 contracts worth $19.94 million, nonetheless down 10% on the previous session. The past seven days have in fact seen two options releases, the other being from FTX, which began trading days before CME. According to live company data, FTX saw reported volumes of 3,618 BTC ($30.8 million) for its options over the past 24 hours — conspicuously higher than others’ figures.
From: The FxPro News Team https://fxpro.news/daily-forex-outlook/cme-bitcoin-options-trade-2-3m-in-debut-btc-price-hits-2-month-high-20200114/
Selected by fonecable.com
- The dollar retreats as investors look to alternatives
- Gold Soars to a Fresh All-Time High, Silver at its Best Level in Seven-Years
- RationalFX Daily Market Report
- NEWS: Risk in a more cheerful spot so far on the day August 05, 2020 at 10:28AM
- NEWS: Eurozone June retail sales +5.7% vs +6.1% m/m expected August 05, 2020 at 10:00AM
Top Posts & Pages
- GBP/USD (Mobile View)
- NEWS: Here is what’s on the economic calendar in Asia today - Wednesday 5 August 2020 August 04, 2020 at 09:00PM
- NEWS: AUD/USD above the top of its fair value range August 04, 2020 at 04:21AM
- NEWS: Spot gold hits $2000 for the first time ever August 04, 2020 at 05:20PM
- NEWS: UK press report that UK Chancellor Sunak talks of rate hike August 04, 2020 at 09:37PM
- GBP Charts
- NEWS: USDCAD reverses to new session lows August 04, 2020 at 04:35PM
- NEWS: An ICYMI on another promising COVID-19 treatment - RLF-100 helps critically ill August 04, 2020 at 01:27AM
- NEWS: Bank of England Monetary Policy Committee meeting Thursday - preview August 04, 2020 at 04:47AM
- Euro looks too hot to handle