January 14, 2020 at 11:33AM
Bitcoin (BTC) futures options from CME Group saw volumes in excess of $2.3 million on the product’s first day of public trading, the company has confirmed. Data from CME’s official website confirmed the successful rollout on Jan. 13, which began as scheduled and ultimately saw 55 contracts change hands. Each contract corresponds to 5 BTC, meaning that at current prices, the 55 contracts were worth $2.34 million.
Bitcoin markets rallied on release day, rising by more than 5% to hit highs of $8,550. Those levels had previously remained absent since mid-November.
As Cointelegraph reported, enthusiasm was palpable in advance of the options debut last week, with Bitcoin likewise gaining significantly in the run-up to Monday. CME, along with competitor Bakkt, reported increased interest in futures during that period.
For Monday, Bakkt’s futures delivered total volumes of 2,907 contracts worth $19.94 million, nonetheless down 10% on the previous session. The past seven days have in fact seen two options releases, the other being from FTX, which began trading days before CME. According to live company data, FTX saw reported volumes of 3,618 BTC ($30.8 million) for its options over the past 24 hours — conspicuously higher than others’ figures.
From: The FxPro News Team https://fxpro.news/daily-forex-outlook/cme-bitcoin-options-trade-2-3m-in-debut-btc-price-hits-2-month-high-20200114/
Selected by fonecable.com
- Forex – U.S. Dollar Little Changed, AUD/USD Pair Rises Ahead of Jobs Data
- NEWS: Nikkei 225 closes higher by 0.18% at 24,083.51 January 20, 2020 at 06:10AM
- NEWS: Trade ideas thread – European session 20 January 2020 January 20, 2020 at 06:00AM
- NEWS: Australia’s Frydenberg: Full economic impact of bushfires remains uncertain January 20, 2020 at 05:14AM
- EUR/USD Rate Susceptible to Range Bound Prices Ahead of ECB Meeting
Top Posts & Pages
- British Pound May Fall as Carney, PMI Stoke BOE Rate Cut Bets
- NEWS: Monday 20 January 2020 is a US holiday - FX impact January 19, 2020 at 09:31PM
- Dow Jones, Nasdaq 100, DAX 30 Forecasts for the Week Ahead
- NEWS: UK PM Boris Johnson is not attending the World Economic Forum in Davos January 20, 2020 at 03:30AM
- NEWS: Brexit - UK chancellor Javid has put a scare into EU bureaucrats, said the UK may break EU rules January 19, 2020 at 08:53PM
- AUD/USD Monthly Low on Radar amid Muted Reaction to US-China Deal
- NEWS: BOJ policy statement due Tuesday - preview January 20, 2020 at 02:34AM
- NEWS: Monday morning opening levels - indicative forex prices - 20 January 2020 January 19, 2020 at 08:19PM
- USD/IDR, USD/MYR, USD/PHP, USD/SGD Fundamental Week Ahead
- NEWS: European worries over China trade deal with the US. China says chill out. January 20, 2020 at 03:06AM