November 14, 2019 at 09:01AM
The soft data underscored the need for a Phase-one trade deal with the U.S. to put a floor under business confidence. Even as the economy has lost steam, the government and central bank have refrained from dumping stimulus into the economy, preferring to make smaller adjustments to try and boost growth without a massive expansion in debt. “Momentum for slowdown is not yet over,” said Julia Wang, an economist at HSBC Holdings Plc. in Hong Kong. “Given the slowdown is so sharp, it is going to impact maybe the labor market at some point next year, and you are going to see further weakness in domestic demand.”
Many Asian stock markets fell to session lows after the readings. Yet, the yuan remains slightly stronger for the day and government bonds have shed some of this week’s gain. China’s Ministry of Commerce spokesman Gao Feng on Thursday said removing existing tariffs is an important condition for any deal and that China is willing to address core concerns with the U.S. to create conditions for reaching a phase-one deal.
Chinese and some U.S. officials last week said they agreed to roll back some tariffs if there is a phase-one deal. But the optimism was quickly damped as President Donald Trump said that he hasn’t agreed to anything. The trade war has lasted more than a year and hurt the global economy. Any re-escalation would further hit investor sentiment.
From: The FxPro News Team https://fxpro.news/daily-forex-outlook/chinas-investment-growth-slows-to-a-record-low-20191114/
Selected by fonecable.com
- NEWS: More from BOC Lane: housing risks or something the BOC is up watching December 05, 2019 at 01:58PM
- NEWS: Saudi official has now denied that the kingdom is pushing for a deeper oil output cut December 05, 2019 at 01:51PM
- NEWS: OPEC+ ministrial panel discusses deepening oil cuts by 500,000 BPD December 05, 2019 at 01:48PM
- NEWS: Canada international merchandise trade for October C$-1.08 billion versus C$-1.45 billion December 05, 2019 at 01:30PM
- NEWS: US weekly initial jobless claims 203K vs 215K estimate December 05, 2019 at 01:30PM
Top Posts & Pages
- GBP Charts
- NEWS: OPEC meeting begins today, what to expect? December 05, 2019 at 05:24AM
- NEWS: Australia October trade balance +A$4502m vs +A$6500m expected December 05, 2019 at 12:30AM
- NEWS: Nikkei 225 closes higher by 0.71% at 23,300.09 December 05, 2019 at 06:04AM
- GBP Charts Live
- NEWS: RBNZ's Orr: We're in a 'hold phase' in monetary policy December 05, 2019 at 12:29AM
- GBP Charts
- Nasdaq 100 Forecast: Are Investors Apprehensive About Big-Tech?
- NEWS: PBOC sets yuan reference rate at 7.0521 vs 7.0513 expected December 05, 2019 at 01:17AM
- Post-RBA AUD/USD Rebound Vulnerable to Waning Hopes for US-China Deal