Can Joe Biden unite the Democratic Party?
THE DEMOCRATS used their convention this week to showcase the breadth of the coalition built to oust President Trump. Republican defectors shared a platform with leftists like Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez. But climate, minority rights, even capitalism, are all areas of disagreement. Can Joe Biden unite the party?
Host John Prideaux, The Economist’s US editor, with Jon Fasman, Washington correspondent, and Charlotte Howard, New York bureau chief. Runtime: 37min
For access to The Economist’s print, digital and audio editions subscribe here: economist.com/2020electionpod
The Economist is seeking applicants for two paid fellowships in America.
Author: | Post link: https://www.economist.com/podcasts/2020/08/21/can-joe-biden-unite-the-democratic-party
Selected by fonecable.com
- NEWS: The stock rotation continues out of high-tech and into cyclicals March 08, 2021 at 09:12PM
- NEWS: Here is what’s on the economic calendar in Asia today – Japan GDP, Australia business confidence March 08, 2021 at 09:05PM
- NEWS: NZ data – ANZ Truckometer (GDP proxy) for February +2.0% m/m (prior -3.8%) March 08, 2021 at 09:00PM
- FX Week Ahead – Top 5 Events: US Inflation; BOC & ECB Rate Decisions; UK GDP; Canada Jobs
- NEWS: Cathie Wood on CNBC. Our confidence in Tesla has gone up March 08, 2021 at 08:45PM