February 03, 2021 at 07:57AM
California’s $441 billion public pension fund increased its stake in bitcoin miner Riot Blockchain (RIOT) nearly sevenfold in last year’s Q4 amid the meteoric run-up in the price of bitcoin.
California Public Employees’ Retirement System (CalPERS) held 113,034 shares in RIOT worth over $1.9 million at the end of 2020, according to Tuesday filings. That’s up from Q3 2020, when CalPERS’ 16,907 RIOT shares were worth a comparatively minuscule $49,000.
The largest public pension fund in the U.S. had been holding firm on its nearly 17 thousand RIOT shares since acquiring them during the bull run in late 2017. That position seldom varied until now.
RIOT spiked 541% during Q4 2020. Meanwhile, bitcoin (BTC, +6.15%) was up 174% for the quarter.
California Pension Fund Loaded Up on RIOT Shares During Bitcoin’s Q4 Rally, Cointelegraph, Feb 3
From: The FxPro News Team https://fxpro.news/daily-forex-outlook/california-pension-fund-loaded-up-on-riot-shares-during-bitcoins-q4-rally-20210203/
Selected by fonecable.com
- Daily Gold News: Friday, Oct. 22 – Gold Gets Closer to $1,800 Again
- South African Rand Dollar Update: Evergrande, Commodities & Key Levels for USD/ZAR
- How to Learn Technical Analysis with DailyFX
- Silver Jumps As Global Inflation Hits A Decade High – What’s Next For Prices?
- British Pound Outlook Undecided after BoE’s Inflation Warning and Mixed UK Data