January 14, 2020 at 06:24PM
Bitcoin’s technical breakout intensified on Tuesday, serving as a primary catalyst for altcoins to extend their rally. The resulting rally pushed the total cryptocurrency market cap north of $233 billion, the highest in two months.
The bitcoin price catapulted to an intraday peak of $8,745.24 on Bitstamp, the highest since Nov. 14. The largest cryptocurrency by market cap was last seen trading just above $8,700, having gained 7.3%. Bitcoin faces psychological resistance at $9,000 but the primary hurdle is $9,100, which represents the 200-day moving average on the daily chart. Momentum is clearly on the side of the bulls, with the relative strength index (RSI) fast approaching 70.
At current values, bitcoin’s market capitalization stands at $157.5 billion but its share of the overall market has declined a few percentage points to 67.7%. Bitcoin’s gravitational pull on the broader cryptocurrency market was on full display Tuesday, as altcoins and tokens extended their recent string of gains. The breakout was led by Bitcoin SV (BSV), which surged 46.3% to $238.44. Bitcoin cash (BCH) climbed 22.9% to $323.557. Litecoin (LTC) and EOS each rose double digits.
Ethereum (ETH), the number two cryptocurrency, rallied 8.3% to $155.19. XRP added 6% to trade at $0.2240. Many altcoins are correcting higher after a brutal multi-year slump shaved more than 90% off their values. The first major recovery attempt came in the first half of 2018 but proved unsustainable. Bitcoin’s latest recovery and the resulting altcoin surge have caused some analysts to declare the beginning of a new accumulation phase.
From: The FxPro News Team https://fxpro.news/daily-forex-outlook/bitcoin-sparks-altcoin-redemption-rally-as-bch-bsv-ltc-surge-20200114/
Selected by fonecable.com
- NEWS: AUDUSD arguably has a short term downside bias, but be careful August 03, 2020 at 09:47AM
- NEWS: Things to know before we start the session. August 03, 2020 at 09:43AM
- Dollar’s 10% Slide Is a Warning That U.S. Has Lost Grip on Virus
- NEWS: UK July final manufacturing PMI 53.3 vs 53.6 prelim August 03, 2020 at 09:30AM
- NEWS: AUD/USD holds just above 0.7100 for now but sellers keep near-term control August 03, 2020 at 09:21AM
Top Posts & Pages
- CNY Charts fonecable.com Partners…
- NEWS: AUD traders note - its Sydney bank holiday Monday 3 August 2020 August 02, 2020 at 10:19PM
- NEWS: Japan's final manufacturing PMI for July 45.2 (flash was 42.6) August 03, 2020 at 02:00AM
- NEWS: FX option expiries for Monday August 03 at the 10am NY cut August 03, 2020 at 02:15AM
- NEWS: Australia - ANZ job ads for July +16.7% m/m (prior +42.0%) August 03, 2020 at 02:30AM
- NEWS: 4 reasons market vaccine optimism is misplaced. Plenty of downside risk for stocks. August 03, 2020 at 01:27AM
- NEWS: Trade ideas thread - European session 3 August 2020 August 03, 2020 at 06:27AM
- S&P 500 Gains with Tech Earnings, Nikkei 225 Looks for Support
- NEWS: Australia: Victorian state premier Andrews announces update on further business restrictions August 03, 2020 at 06:36AM
- NEWS: Parts of Australia shift to stage-4 lockdown August 02, 2020 at 02:15PM