August 18, 2020 at 01:29PM
Bitcoin (BTC) will “explode” in price once it hits $13,000, one trader believes as Bitcoin futures trade at 6% above spot price. In a tweet on Aug. 18, the derivatives trader JSterz highlighted “extreme” Bitcoin futures spreads as a sign that an intensely strong bullish advance may soon arrive.
Currently, Bitcoin futures contracts expiring in March 2021 are priced 6% higher than the BTC/USD spot price at around $12,280. “It seems extreme to see BTC-Mar21 trading 6% above spot,” JSterz summarized.
“We have been at this level about four times since 2017. If #BTC breaches 13k+ this thing is going to explode.”
Open interest for a basket of trading platforms hit new all-time highs on Monday, beating a previous record from mid-February, before March’s coronavirus-induced crash. “Note the changes in market share of OI,” Ikigai fund manager Travis Kling commented, uploading an overview chart to Twitter.
Institutional investment in Bitcoin remains a major topic of conversation among supporters this month, following a dramatic buy-in from multibillion-dollar MicroStrategy in late July.
Asset manager Grayscale has seen record investment in its various cryptocurrency funds, as Bitcoin outperforms gold as a fiat hedge.
On Monday, a sudden swing above $12,000 was assumed to be a red herring, but the higher levels have since held.
Bitcoin Price Will ‘Explode’ Says Trader if BTC Breaches $13,000, CoinTelegraph, Aug 18
From: The FxPro News Team https://fxpro.news/daily-forex-outlook/bitcoin-price-will-explode-if-coin-breaches-13000-20200818/
Selected by fonecable.com
- NEWS: The RBA pushed back hard on rising yields, other central banks seem more relaxed March 04, 2021 at 01:59AM
- NEWS: Fed Chair Powell speaks Thursday – stage set for a UST short squeeze play? March 04, 2021 at 01:17AM
- NEWS: PBOC sets USD/ CNY mid-point today at 6.4758 (vs. yesterday at 6.4565) March 04, 2021 at 01:15AM
- NEWS: Federal Reserve Chair Powell speaking Thursday – jawbone on rising yields incoming March 04, 2021 at 12:43AM
- NEWS: Australia Retail Sales for January, final, +0.5% m/m March 04, 2021 at 12:30AM