June 30, 2020 at 10:31AM
Bitcoin (BTC) price showed a bit of strength by briefly pushing to $9,235 as the daily close occurred but at the time of writing the top-ranked digital asset on CoinMarketCap is trading below the $9,200 resistance.
As discussed in the previous analysis by Cointelegraph Markets, the price remains pinned below the 20-MA and the descending trendline from the June 1 high at $10,380. Until Bitcoin can secure a daily close above the $10,400-$10,500 level the price remains at risk of a breakdown to the $8,800 support.
The 1-hour chart shows today’s rejection occurred slightly above the $9,200 resistance and descending trendline where the price formed a tweezer top before pulling back to $9,165. On the daily timeframe, the RSI remains below 50 but on the MACD the histogram has flipped from red to pink as the bars begin to shorten and the Bitcoin price is forming higher lows, signaling that selling has begun to decrease. The MACD has also started to flatten and pull closer to the signal line.
Currently, Bitcoin is below the descending channel trendline and 20-MA but if bulls can manage a high volume spike the price could surge above the high volume VPVR node at $9,600 and in the process flip the $9,200-$9,500 area to support. Failure to turn $9,400 to support in the short-term is likely to result in a revisit to the $8,900 support where buyers continue to show interest in purchasing.
Traders looking to go long might wait for a bounce at $8,900 or even a breakdown of this key support level. Meanwhile, bears will likely look to open short positions from $9,400 through $9,600 as the price has seen in this zone. As the Bitcoin price traded sideways, altcoins moved slightly higher. Crypto.com Coin (CRO) rallied 6.62% while Cosmos (ATOM) and Enjin Coin (ENJ) gained 4.20% and 12.23%, respectively.
Bitcoin Price Bulls Pin Hopes on Descending Channel Breakout to $10K, CoinTelegraph, Jun 30
From: The FxPro News Team https://fxpro.news/daily-forex-outlook/bitcoin-price-bulls-pin-hopes-on-descending-channel-breakout-to-10k-20200630/
Selected by fonecable.com
- NEWS: Major US indices open lower. NASDAQ is the weakest. July 16, 2020 at 02:34PM
- NEWS: The USDCAD can’t stay below its 200 day MA July 16, 2020 at 02:25PM
- NEWS: The USDJPY trades between its 100 and 200 hour moving average July 16, 2020 at 02:11PM
- NEWS: EURUSD retraces to higher swing area after support holds July 16, 2020 at 02:03PM
- NEWS: GBPUSD retraces higher to the 200 hour moving average July 16, 2020 at 01:52PM
Top Posts & Pages
- NEWS: Australian employment change +210.8(expected +100K) & Unemployment 7.4% (exp. 7.3%) July 16, 2020 at 02:30AM
- NEWS: BOJ as expected, no change to monetary policy July 15, 2020 at 03:57AM
- NEWS: Macklem opening statement: BOC will be there to provide stimulus for extended period July 15, 2020 at 04:06PM
- NEWS: WTI crude oil futures settle at $41.20 July 15, 2020 at 07:40PM
- NEWS: Pres. Trump: Has completed overall of infrastructure approval process July 15, 2020 at 08:48PM
- US Dollar Forecast: Testing Major Channel Support - Levels for DXY Index
- NEWS: ADP Canada June employment report +1040K vs +208.4K prior July 16, 2020 at 01:35PM
- NEWS: Florida coronavirus cases 10,085 vs 9,261 yesterday July 15, 2020 at 03:33PM
- Is the Chinese stock rally over?
- NEWS: Texas coronavirus cases hit a new record high again, +10,791 July 15, 2020 at 10:06PM