January 24, 2020 at 11:54AM
Bitcoin fell below crucial support today, a move that could trigger additional downside and also threaten the bullish momentum the digital currency has enjoyed in recent weeks. The cryptocurrency dropped to as little as $8,290.24 around 8:45 a.m. EST, CoinDesk data shows. At this point, the digital asset had fallen roughly 3.6% in less than six hours, declining from its intra-day high of $8,597.33, additional CoinDesk figures reveal.
Multiple analysts cited profit taking when explaining this downward move. “The current decline can be attributed to rejection in the resistance zone between $8750 and $9100, following which profit taking made sense for traders and investors,” said Joe DiPasquale, CEO of cryptocurrency hedge fund manager BitBull Capital.
“Falling under $8500 puts additional pressure on Bitcoin’s price,” he noted. However, “there is strong support between $8000 and $8200, and we can expect the price decline to take a breather at $8200.”
While the cryptocurrency might face additional losses in the short-term, Tim Enneking, managing director of Digital Capital Management, said that in the long-term, he is looking for the digital asset to bounce back. Going forward, bitcoin’s price could benefit from the ongoing maturation of the digital currency industry, as market infrastructure continues to improve and the regulatory environment keeps evolving.
“We are continuing to see the operational infrastructure of the industry evolve positively for digital assets,” said Charles Hayter, cofounder and CEO of digital currency data platform CryptoCompare.
From: The FxPro News Team https://fxpro.news/daily-forex-outlook/bitcoin-could-suffer-more-losses-after-breaching-key-support-20200124/
Selected by fonecable.com
- Nasdaq 100, DAX 30, Nikkei 225 Technical Forecasts
- Trump signs $2 trillion coronavirus relief bill as the US tries to prevent economic devastation
- USD/CAD: Canadian Dollar Forecast Post-BOC Emergency Rate Cut
- Stock Market Forecast: Recession Likely Unavoidable Amid Virus Fallout
- Australian Dollar Boosted By Stimulus Hope, Coronavirus Stays in Charge
Top Posts & Pages
- NEWS: Italy reports 969 deaths today vs 662 yesterday March 27, 2020 at 04:35PM
- GBP/USD (Mobile View)
- Pound Set to Snap Losing Streak Vs. Dollar Despite Record Covid-19 U.K. Death Toll
- NEWS: EURUSD continues the upside probe March 27, 2020 at 06:46PM
- NEWS: Italy March consumer confidence index 101.0 vs 100.5 expected March 27, 2020 at 09:00AM
- NEWS: There are growing signs of workers walking off the job March 27, 2020 at 06:11PM
- NEWS: Gold keeps a little lower today but stays on course for a stellar week March 27, 2020 at 07:33AM
- US Dollar Tanks, S&P 500 Stabilizes as FOMC Counters Coronavirus
- NEWS: US regulators let banks delay capital hit from loan loss accounting rule March 27, 2020 at 04:00PM
- NEWS: Italy death toll rise by 662 to 8165 March 26, 2020 at 05:14PM