November 21, 2019 at 08:52AM
Asia stocks declined on Thursday following a report that an anticipated “phase one” trade deal between the U.S. and China may not be inked by the end of 2019. Japan’s Nikkei 225 slipped 0.48% to close at 23,038.58, with shares of Tokyo Electron falling 3.44%. The Topix index was 0.1% lower to end its trading day at 1,689.38. In South Korea, the Kospi shed 1.35% to close at 2,096.60 as shares of industry heavyweight Samsung Electronics and SK Hynix fell 1.92% and 2.18%, respectively.
Mainland Chinese stocks declined also ended their trading day lower, with the Shanghai composite down 0.25% to around 2,903.64 and the Shenzhen component shedding 0.35% to 9,774.44. The Shenzhen composite also slipped 0.24% to approximately 1,631.24. Hong Kong’s Hang Seng index declined about 1.5%, as of its final hour of trading, with shares of Chinese tech behemoth Tencent falling 1.85%.
Meanwhile, Australian stocks declined as the S&P/ASX 200 closed 0.74% lower at 6,672.90. Shares of Westpac dropped 1.99%, after Australian Prime Minister Scott Morrison called on the lender’s board to reflect “very deeply” over the future of the firm’s CEO. That decline followed a more than 3% drop on Wednesday after Australia’s anti money-laundering and terrorism financing regulator filed for civil penalty orders against the firm, alleging its “oversight of the banking and designated services provided through its corresponding banking relationships was deficient.”.
From: The FxPro News Team https://fxpro.news/daily-forex-outlook/asia-stocks-fall-amid-concerns-phase-one-us-china-trade-deal-may-not-be-signed-in-2019-20191121/
Selected by fonecable.com
Search Web: Asia stocks fall amid concerns ‘phase one’ US-China trade deal may not be signed in 2019
- NEWS: More on the Australian jobs report (the unemployment rate unexpectedly fell) January 23, 2020 at 12:51AM
- NEWS: AUD marked higher on the lower unemployment result from Australia January 23, 2020 at 12:37AM
- NEWS: Australian December Unemployment Rate: 5.1% (expected 5.2%) January 23, 2020 at 12:30AM
- NEWS: Moody’s says coronavirus poses a short-term risk for Australian airports January 23, 2020 at 12:24AM
- USD/CAD, GBP/CAD, AUD/CAD Rates Soar. BoC, BoE Next Rate Move Eyed
Top Posts & Pages
- GBP Charts
- NEWS: Iran missile attack - Additional US troops have been flown from Iraq to Germany for evaluation of injuries January 22, 2020 at 12:40AM
- GBP Charts
- NEWS: Wednesday 22 January 2020 is Bank of Canada monetary policy meeting day - preview January 22, 2020 at 12:02AM
- Swiss Banks Enter the Age of Bitcoin
- NEWS: FX option expiries for Wednesday January 22 at the 10am NY cut January 22, 2020 at 01:16AM
- NEWS: Australian jobs report is due on Thursday 23 January - preview January 22, 2020 at 12:18AM
- GBP/USD Rate May Rise, Yen Gains as China Virus Sinks Stocks
- NEWS: BOE's Carney: Climate is becoming a vector for investment January 22, 2020 at 07:53AM
- NEWS: The real test for markets on the new coronavirus outbreak in China is yet to come January 22, 2020 at 07:27AM