November 21, 2019 at 08:52AM
Asia stocks declined on Thursday following a report that an anticipated “phase one” trade deal between the U.S. and China may not be inked by the end of 2019. Japan’s Nikkei 225 slipped 0.48% to close at 23,038.58, with shares of Tokyo Electron falling 3.44%. The Topix index was 0.1% lower to end its trading day at 1,689.38. In South Korea, the Kospi shed 1.35% to close at 2,096.60 as shares of industry heavyweight Samsung Electronics and SK Hynix fell 1.92% and 2.18%, respectively.
Mainland Chinese stocks declined also ended their trading day lower, with the Shanghai composite down 0.25% to around 2,903.64 and the Shenzhen component shedding 0.35% to 9,774.44. The Shenzhen composite also slipped 0.24% to approximately 1,631.24. Hong Kong’s Hang Seng index declined about 1.5%, as of its final hour of trading, with shares of Chinese tech behemoth Tencent falling 1.85%.
Meanwhile, Australian stocks declined as the S&P/ASX 200 closed 0.74% lower at 6,672.90. Shares of Westpac dropped 1.99%, after Australian Prime Minister Scott Morrison called on the lender’s board to reflect “very deeply” over the future of the firm’s CEO. That decline followed a more than 3% drop on Wednesday after Australia’s anti money-laundering and terrorism financing regulator filed for civil penalty orders against the firm, alleging its “oversight of the banking and designated services provided through its corresponding banking relationships was deficient.”.
From: The FxPro News Team https://fxpro.news/daily-forex-outlook/asia-stocks-fall-amid-concerns-phase-one-us-china-trade-deal-may-not-be-signed-in-2019-20191121/
Selected by fonecable.com
Search Web: Asia stocks fall amid concerns ‘phase one’ US-China trade deal may not be signed in 2019
- Gold Price Outlook Bearish on Easing Trade Tensions, GDP Data
- NEWS: SNB Chain Jordan says Bank could cut rates further, if necessary (but not now) December 14, 2019 at 06:28PM
- U.S. Mnuchin says trade deal with China to boost global economy
- NEWS: How to make FX trading work for you part 1 December 14, 2019 at 01:34PM
- Oil Price Outlook Mired by Sticky US Crude Output
Top Posts & Pages
- GBP Charts Live
- UK General Election: What's Tactical Voting and What is the Extreme Result going to be like
- GBP Charts
- UK General Election results: Boris Johnson returns to power
- NEWS: China press conference on trade deal pushed back another 30 minutes December 13, 2019 at 02:32PM
- NEWS: China says committed to resolving trade issues but deal must be mutually beneficial December 13, 2019 at 07:13AM
- NEWS: Update on the US-China trade deal December 13, 2019 at 01:17AM
- NEWS: More from the senior China diplomat - the US has gone astray December 13, 2019 at 02:12AM
- NEWS: Atlanta Fed GDPNow Q4 estimate unchanged at 2.0% December 13, 2019 at 05:05PM
- NEWS: GBPUSD continues to retrace the gains December 13, 2019 at 02:02PM