January 03, 2020 at 09:07AM
The Apple stock (NASDAQ: AAPL) closed at $300.35 officially on Thursday, bringing the total valuation of the company to $1.33 trillion. But, data shows earnings remained flat while the stock doubled in the past year. Since last year, the PE ratio of Apple soared significantly and it shows that the stock is rising mostly based on sentiment.
Investors are becoming increasingly confident in the long-term trend of Apple and the company’s strategy to deal with the plateauing smartphone market. The iPhone 11 was a home run in regard to popularity and demand in key markets such as the U.S. and China. Despite Apple boosting production to meet with unexpectedly large demand, early estimates put iPhone sales in 2019 to be at around 180 million. That is a substantially lower number compared to previous years in 2017 and 2018. From January to December 2018, Apple shipped 208 million devices.
How Much Further Can It Go? Some analysts, like Wedbush’s Dan Ives, see the market cap of Apple hitting $2 trillion in the next 24 months. To put it simply, Apple showed that it can survive slowing growth of the smartphone market and that it can aggressively target new markets like audio and streaming. Assuming that the low-interest rate and relaxed financial conditions keep investors happy throughout the year, Apple may still have significant room for additional growth.
From: The FxPro News Team https://fxpro.news/daily-forex-outlook/apples-capitalization-could-exceed-2-trillion-in-24-months-20200103/
Selected by fonecable.com
- China Locks Down 40 Million People as Anger Grows Over Virus
- Bitcoin Could Suffer More Losses After Breaching Key Support
- NEWS: ForexLive European FX news wrap: Pound fails to take heart in UK PMI data beat January 24, 2020 at 11:54AM
- NEWS: BOJ’s Kuroda: Still far away from 2% inflation target January 24, 2020 at 11:05AM
- China’s digital yuan could help countries like North Korea evade US sanctions, experts say
Top Posts & Pages
- GBP Charts
- NEWS: NZ finmin Robertson says more government spending to come to support economy January 23, 2020 at 02:52AM
- NEWS: Gold still refuses to follow the script as price action remains caught in limbo January 23, 2020 at 08:35AM
- NEWS: HK briefing announced at 0230GMT - on 2nd coronavirus case January 23, 2020 at 01:31AM
- GBP Charts
- NEWS: ANZ no longer forecasting an RBA rate cut next week January 23, 2020 at 02:01AM
- NEWS: The shut down of Wuhan is an enormous event - the numbers are staggering January 23, 2020 at 01:53AM
- NEWS: Chinese medical professional who contracted the coronavirus says his condition has improved after 1 day treatment January 23, 2020 at 02:08AM
- ECB Leaves Rates Unchanged, As Expected; Euro Stable
- NEWS: Coronavirus news - HK has suspended high speed rail ticket sales for Wuhan January 23, 2020 at 02:53AM