July 29, 2019 at 10:22AM
This week promises to be very busy with important news that could potentially set the tone for the next few weeks or even months. At the start of the week, U.S. officials will travel to China to conduct a new round of trade talks. Observers are no longer hoping for a breakthrough in negotiations this time. However, we should not ignore any potential news on this front, as the markets are the easiest to surprise when expectations are weak.
In the middle of the week, the focus will shift to the Fed’s decision on the rate. There is almost no doubt that the rate will be decreased by 25 pips, while attention will be focused on further easing signals. As the FxPro Analyst Team said, a willingness to continue to reduce rates at the next meetings may become a powerful incentive for the rally in stock markets and commodities.
The most influential economic release awaits us at the end of the week: labour market statistics in the United States. This news often provokes a surge in volatility. Analysts on average expect an increase of 160K, against 224K a month earlier and average growth rates of about 200K a month. Besides, the reporting season is in full swing. So far, companies have published data slightly better than expected. In all these cases, market expectations look rather cautious. This creates an opportunity for positive surprises, which can return a positive mood to the markets.
The Nasdaq and S&P 500 indices closed last week with an update of historical highs. Overall, the reports of IT-companies exceeded market expectations, which contributed to the growth of major U.S. indexes. Nevertheless, in China, there is a fall in the profits of manufacturing companies. It is also worth paying attention to the worse performance of the Dow Jones Industrial Average. Manufacturing industries are often considered as a leading indicator.
The single currency failed to bounce back and returned to the 1.1120 area on Friday evening. The EURUSD pair moved sharply up on Thursday during Draghi’s press conference, as some market participants expected immediate easing. However, in our opinion, the ECB president’s comments did not contain anything that could stimulate long-term buyers. Rather, it was a short-term impulsive reaction. The key battle of bulls and bears over the level of 1.1100 has been moved to this week and may turn out to be a turning point for the EURUSD trend for the coming months.
Negative scenarios of exit from the EU without a deal are again put in the GBP price, as the new Prime Minister Johnson intends to leave “no ifs or buts” on October 31, regardless of the course of negotiations with the European Union. As a result, GBPUSD slipped below 1.24 at the end of the week, breaking 28-month lows. On the tech analysis side, however, we continue to receive signals of downward momentum depletion, which increases the chances of a rebound and a subsequent trend reversal.
The FxPro Analyst Team
From: The FxPro Analyst Team https://fxpro.news/daily-forex-outlook/an-extremely-busy-week-can-be-a-turning-point-for-the-markets-20190729/
Selected by fonecable.com
- NEWS: NZD sitting sideways just under 0.6580 – here’s what it’ll taker to send it higher July 09, 2020 at 01:10AM
- NEWS: Japan Core Machinery Orders for May +1.7% m/m (expected -5.0%) July 09, 2020 at 12:50AM
- NEWS: UK data – RICS house price balance for June -15 vs. -32 in May July 09, 2020 at 12:47AM
- EUR/USD Rate Eyes June High as Bullish RSI Trend Remains Intact
- NEWS: Australian borders hardened even further – Queensland shuts out Victorians July 09, 2020 at 12:29AM
Top Posts & Pages
- GBP/USD (Mobile View)
- Gold Wave Analysis – 8 July, 2020
- NEWS: White House virus task force to hold press briefing at 11:30 am ET July 08, 2020 at 01:38PM
- DAX 30, CAC 40 & FTSE 100 Forecasts for the Week Ahead
- NEWS: ICYMI -BoE chief economist Haldane said recovery so far faster than expected, but …. July 08, 2020 at 04:59AM
- NEWS: US CDC reports 50,304 new cases as deaths rise July 08, 2020 at 07:04PM
- NEWS: Australian borders hardened even further - Queensland shuts out Victorians July 09, 2020 at 12:29AM
- NEWS: Trump has a 91% chance of winning the November 2020 election says Primary Model July 09, 2020 at 12:24AM
- Gold Prices Aim Above $1800 After Chart Barrier Breach
- China’s jobs problem runs deeper than the coronavirus