October 22, 2020 at 10:05AM
The Tether (USDT) Treasury has minted almost half a billion new USDT tokens and distributed more than 185 million tokens to exchanges and other addresses in the last 36 hours. As shown by blockchain tracker Whale Alert, two transactions of 150 million and 300 million USDT tokens were minted on Oct 20 and Oct 21 respectively. The first 150 million was printed only hours before Paypal’s announcement and the Bitcoin (BTC) price rally that followed.
Although some raised the usual allegations of market manipulation in response to Whale Alert’s tweets, both transactions were acknowledged by Tether CTO Paolo Adoino as unissued “inventory replenishes” on the Tron (TRX) Network: Since yesterday’s 150 million USDT minting, 15 transactions totaling 185.9 million USDT have been sent to exchanges including Bitfinex, and Huobi, as well as several “unknown addresses.” Almost 70% (126.9 million USDT) of the tokens sent out of the Treasury ended up going to Binance.
Tether issuance has been frequently linked with Bitcoin price rallies, although there is a constant “chicken and egg” debate over whether the issuance leads the rally, or is in response to demand. In April this year, Tether minted 160 million USDT during Bitcoin’s price rally to $9,000. It came one week after research was released that argued that USDT isn’t used to manipulate Bitcoin’s price. Tether’s market cap has grown by more than 400% year-to-date to reach $15.9 billion.
Almost half a billion USDT minted in past 36 hours as Bitcoin rallies, CoinTelegraph, Oct 22
From: The FxPro News Team https://fxpro.news/daily-forex-outlook/almost-half-a-billion-usdt-minted-in-past-36-hours-as-bitcoin-rallies-20201022/
Selected by fonecable.com
- NEWS: Biden says coronavirus economic aid bill should be passed, he will ask for more once in office December 04, 2020 at 02:21AM
- NEWS: US Senate leader McConnell said to be favouring smaller stimulus package (bit of chatter) December 04, 2020 at 02:07AM
- NEWS: Oil on the move (higher) December 04, 2020 at 01:55AM
- NEWS: What will the weekend bring for Brexit talks? A UK – France showdown? December 04, 2020 at 01:54AM
- Dollar Up, But Bets on Further Declines Continue