September 15, 2020 at 09:03AM
Investors should be shifting into shunned sectors such as tobacco, banks and European stocks as fiscal stimulus and the stomach for growing deficits in the U.S. wane, according to longtime money manager Bill Gross. With an emphasis on defense, investors should consider assets that haven’t “skyrocketed on dreams of back-to-normal economic prosperity followed by even lower artificial real interest rates,” Gross, who retired last year, said in an outlook released Monday.
“There is little money to be made almost anywhere in the world — Covid 19 vaccine or no,” wrote Gross, who co-founded Pacific Investment Management Co. and later worked for Janus Henderson Group Plc.
Gross favors value stocks that pay healthy dividends, and says investors should consider using leverage to amplify returns. Central banks are unlikely to raise interest rates in the foreseeable future, lowering the risk a leverage trade would backfire, Gross said in an interview on Bloomberg television Monday. “You’ve got to lever,” he said. “You’ve got to be able to borrow.”
Bill Gross Says Investors Should Play Defense as Stimulus Ebbs, Bloomberg, Sep 15
From: The FxPro News Team https://fxpro.news/daily-forex-outlook/bill-gross-recommends-sectors-for-investments-20200915/
Selected by fonecable.com
- NEWS: Moderna is bullish on COVID-19 vaccine availability December 03, 2020 at 10:11PM
- NEWS: Irish airline Ryanair orders 75 Boeing 737 Max jets December 03, 2020 at 09:56PM
- NEWS: ANZ ramp up their forecast for NZD/USD in 2021 December 03, 2020 at 09:51PM
- NEWS: New Zealand data: Q3 construction work done +34.6% q/q (expected + 31.5%) December 03, 2020 at 09:51PM
- NEWS: US confirms it has added 4 further Chinese companies to ‘blacklist’ December 03, 2020 at 09:44PM