September 09, 2020 at 07:54AM
Markets in Asia-Pacific declined Wednesday morning after shares on Wall Street tumbled overnight stateside. Mainland Chinese stocks dropped in morning trade, with the Shanghai composite slipping 1.48% while the Shenzhen component declined 2.638%. Hong Kong’s Hang Seng index shed 1.16%.
Chinese inflation data for August released Wednesday showed the producer price index declined 2.0% in August from a year earlier, according to China’s National Bureau of Statistics. That was in line with expectations for a 2.0% fall in a Reuters poll. The consumer price index in August rose 2.4% as compared with a year ago, also in line with expectations of analysts in a Reuters poll.
In Japan, the Nikkei 225 declined 1.57% while the Topix index fell 1.6%. South Korea’s Kospi also slipped 0.91%. Over in Australia, the S&P/ASX 200 dropped 2.54%. Overall, the MSCI Asia ex-Japan traded 1.24% lower.
The moves regionally came as Investors reacted to overnight declines on Wall Street. The Nasdaq Composite dropped 4.1% to close at 10,847.69. Tuesday’s drop put the tech-heavy Nasdaq down 10% over the past three days. The Dow Jones Industrial Average plunged 632.42 points, or 2.3%, to end its trading day at 27,500.89. The S&P 500 slid 2.8% to close at 3,331.84.
Shares of technology stocks in Asia-Pacific mostly dropped, following losses seen by their counterparts stateside. Meanwhile, AstraZeneca said a late-stage trial of its Covid-19 vaccine candidate has been put on hold due to safety concerns. That came following a suspected serious adverse reaction in a participant in the United Kingdom, according to STAT News.
China markets drop as stocks in Asia slip; tech shares decline, CNBC, Sep 9
From: The FxPro News Team https://fxpro.news/daily-forex-outlook/china-markets-drop-as-stocks-in-asia-slip-20200909/
Selected by fonecable.com
- Bitcoin price dives back under $16,900 as whale deposits spike again
- NEWS: EU’s Barnier says that he will be traveling to London this evening for Brexit talks November 27, 2020 at 08:34AM
- China’s factory growth likely edged up in November
- NEWS: Saudi, Russia energy ministers to hold informal talks with OPEC+ JMMC tomorrow – report November 27, 2020 at 08:28AM
- NEWS: ECB’s Villeroy: First objective needs to be to keep favourable financing conditions for as long as needed November 27, 2020 at 08:19AM