September 08, 2020 at 10:31AM
CryptoCompare said crypto derivative volumes rose 54% to more than $710 billion in August in its monthly Exchange Review. That’s a new all-time high, with August’s figures now far exceeding the $602 billion monthly volumes reported in May.Spot markets also experienced a surge in activity, with August trading volumes coming to $820 billion – nearly $400 billion up from July’s numbers.
Constantine Tsavliris, CryptoCompare’s head of research, told CoinDesk that the surge in crypto derivative volumes was likely a result of last month’s rally, which brought bitcoin from $9,200 to near $12,400 at its peak. Spot price movement and volatility were higher in August than July, said Tsavliris. As a rule, this generally leads to greater trading activity for cryptocurrencies and their derivatives.
Derivative volumes soared to then-record highs in May due to speculation surrounding the bitcoin halving event.
August’s Bitcoin Rally Led to Record Crypto Derivatives Volumes, CoinDesk, Sep 8
From: The FxPro News Team https://fxpro.news/daily-forex-outlook/record-crypto-derivatives-volumes-20200908/
Selected by fonecable.com
- NEWS: Westpac say the price of gold has peaked, forecasts November 25, 2020 at 01:22AM
- NEWS: PBOC sets USD/ CNY reference rate for today at 6.5749 (vs. yesterday at 6.5809) November 25, 2020 at 01:15AM
- NEWS: FX option expiries for Wednesday November 25 at the 10am NY cut November 25, 2020 at 01:15AM
- NEWS: A heads up – the ‘coal ships stranded off China’s coast’ is not new news November 25, 2020 at 01:00AM
- NEWS: Coronavirus – Tokyo restrictions expected to be tightened from this weekend November 25, 2020 at 12:51AM