Congress needs to pass a bill
One theory was that the October 1 government shutdown deadline would push both sides to the table for a grand bargain on stimulus but it looks like they’re going to set that aside and use a stopgap bill to keep the government open.
- Dow Jones Falls on Rising Virus Cases, Hang Seng Vulnerable to a Pullback
- NEWS: RBA monetary policy board member Harper says the Bank can ramp up bond purchases indefinitely October 28, 2020 at 01:56AM
- NEWS: Coronavirus vaccine production likely to exceed 16bn doses in 2021 October 28, 2020 at 01:48AM
- NEWS: Bank of Canada monetary policy meeting, Wednesday 28 October 2020 – preview October 28, 2020 at 01:37AM
- Euro edges lower on report of coronavirus lockdown for France