August 21, 2020 at 06:42AM
The native token for OMG Network has more than doubled in the past week as record Ethereum fees lead some investors to look to layer 2 solutions. CoinGecko data shows OMG tokens have increased 115% from $1.70 to $3.65 in the past seven days – with the price surging by 30% in the past 24 hours.
The rally means OMG’s market cap has surged by approximately $275 million since this time last week. OMG’s price has increased by nearly 1,000% since it fell to its all-time low of $0.35 after the Black Thursday crash in March.
Denis Vinokourov, research head at crypto exchange BeQuant, told CoinDesk OMG Network was benefitting from a “perfect storm” of industry-wide developments. The craze around DeFi – a subset that has exploded to well over $6 billion – has seen a surge in activity on Ethereum, leading to soaring fees.
There are also reports the testnet for Eth 2.0 – a new iteration that would make the blockchain platform much more scalable – crashed last week. As such, investors are beginning to look more closely at layer 2 solutions, he said.
Ethereum’s average transaction fees rapidly shot up from under $0.10 in January to nearly $3.40 currently – the first time fees have stayed so consistently high.
Stablecoin Tether – a notable “gas guzzler” – said Wednesday it was launching on OMG Network so it could take some of the pressure off the base layer.
OMG Price Doubles as DeFi and Record Ethereum Fees Create ‘Perfect Storm’, CoinDesk, Aug 21
From: The FxPro News Team https://fxpro.news/daily-forex-outlook/perfect-storm-for-ethereum-doubles-omg-price-20200821/
Selected by fonecable.com
- NEWS: Sen. Minority Leader Schumer: McConnell does not seem inclined to compromise December 03, 2020 at 04:15PM
- NEWS: Delegates: OPEC+ did agree to a gradual increase of production of 0.5M BPD December 03, 2020 at 04:11PM
- NEWS: GBPUSD tests 1.3500 level. Highest level since December 2019 December 03, 2020 at 04:03PM
- NEWS: A little revision to OPEC+ perhaps… December 03, 2020 at 03:53PM
- NEWS: USD/CAD isn’t waiting for OPEC as it falls to the lowest since Sept 2018 December 03, 2020 at 03:50PM