The big difference between these two neighbouring central banks are their respective views on negative rates.
– The RBNZ have all but confirmed they are coming soon (APril 2021 is the tip from NZ banks ASB, ANZ, BNZ).
And, I shouldn’t discount another big divergence, which is that the RBNZ has been, and looks likely to remain,
- NEWS: US Treasury confirms it will give 7 major airlines Cares loans September 30, 2020 at 01:07AM
- NEWS: NZ data – business confidence -28.5 (prior -41.8) September 30, 2020 at 01:01AM
- NEWS: FT says Trump’s back is to the wall – likely to play “even dirtier than normal” in the debate September 30, 2020 at 12:54AM
- NEWS: Japan Retail sales for August: 4.6% m/m expected 2.0%) September 30, 2020 at 12:50AM
- NEWS: Japan Industrial Production for August (preliminary) 1.7% m/m (expected 1.4%) September 30, 2020 at 12:50AM