There were warnings that dividends would have to go in Australia and the decision by Westpac to halt its dividend for the first time in 40 years underscores those warnings. Over the last years Australia’s S&P/ASX 200 index has consistently offered one of the greatest dividend yields in Asia and beyond.
- NEWS: US Treasury confirms it will give 7 major airlines Cares loans September 30, 2020 at 01:07AM
- NEWS: NZ data – business confidence -28.5 (prior -41.8) September 30, 2020 at 01:01AM
- NEWS: FT says Trump’s back is to the wall – likely to play “even dirtier than normal” in the debate September 30, 2020 at 12:54AM
- NEWS: Japan Retail sales for August: 4.6% m/m expected 2.0%) September 30, 2020 at 12:50AM
- NEWS: Japan Industrial Production for August (preliminary) 1.7% m/m (expected 1.4%) September 30, 2020 at 12:50AM