August 18, 2020 at 01:02PM
U.S. equity futures climbed with European stocks on signs of strength in the housing market. A dollar gauge slid to the lowest since 2018. Treasuries edged higher and gold climbed back above $2,000 an ounce. Iron ore futures rallied to highest since 2014. Investors will get further hints on the state of the U.S. housing market when July housing starts data is published later on Tuesday.
Futures on the S&P 500 Index increased 0.2% as of 7:03 a.m. New York time.The Stoxx Europe 600 Index rose 0.5%.The MSCI Asia Pacific Index gained 0.4%.The MSCI Emerging Market Index climbed 0.2%.
The Bloomberg Dollar Spot Index fell 0.3%.The euro increased 0.3% to $1.1901.The British pound gained 0.5% to $1.3162.The onshore yuan strengthened 0.1% to 6.922 per dollar.The Japanese yen strengthened 0.4% to 105.54 per dollar.
The yield on 10-year Treasuries sank one basis point to 0.68%.The yield on two-year Treasuries was unchanged at 0.15%.Germany’s 10-year yield declined one basis point to -0.46%.Britain’s 10-year yield was unchanged at 0.216%.Japan’s 10-year yield fell one basis point to 0.039%.
West Texas Intermediate crude dipped 0.4% to $42.71 a barrel.Brent crude decreased 0.2% to $45.26 a barrel.Gold strengthened 1.1% to $2,006.79 an ounce.
U.S. Futures, Europe Stocks Climb; Dollar Weakens, Bloomberg, Aug 18
From: The FxPro News Team https://fxpro.news/daily-forex-outlook/u-s-futures-europe-stocks-climb-dollar-weakens-20200818/
Selected by fonecable.com
- NEWS: Trump has approved Alaska – Canada rail line development September 30, 2020 at 12:26AM
- NEWS: Citi, HSBC both tip central banks as big gold buyers in 2021 September 30, 2020 at 12:22AM
- NEWS: UK data: BRC Shop Price Index -1.6% y/y (vs. expected Y -1.4%) September 30, 2020 at 12:11AM
- XAU/USD, Equity Markets Anxiously Eye First Presidential Debate
- NEWS: Pelosi, Mnuchin are trying to reach a coronavirus-relief deal before the US election September 29, 2020 at 11:56PM